Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: 17.4 skins and builds and look?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Okay, so I have a MXQpro box and I just installed the 17.4. I had 17.3 and liked the way it looked. But now, I am quite confused.

Do I still need to add a build? If so, top recommended? If not, is this how 17.4 is going to look.. .with the categories down the sides? Or is that just a skin thing that needs to be added/changed?

Thanks,
Jimisand
Builds are entirely unnecessary, and indeed here are actively discouraged and any device using them are almost certainly in violation of the forum rules (wiki) on piracy and unsupported here.

Most of them are stuffed full of banned addons (wiki) and some can majorly screw with parts of the kodi code, and can make things unstable and unreliable. Hence we want nothing to do with them or any device with them.

You can change the appearance using one of the many skins available from the official repo or acquirable from threads here.
17.4 was just a bug fix release anyway, the appearance hasn't changed between 17.3 & 17.4. Maybe the update screwed up your 'build' or something, we don't know because as said above nobody here uses these third-party builds.
Thank you DarrenHill,

So Basically, just turn it on and look through whatever sections I want?... Sorry, it was the whole new look that has thrown me right off.. .and have only had it for handful of months and only used a couple of times.

Thanks.
Jimisand
(2017-09-02, 17:25)FXB78 Wrote: [ -> ]17.4 was just a bug fix release anyway, the appearance hasn't changed between 17.3 & 17.4. Maybe the update screwed up your 'build' or something, we don't know because as said above nobody here uses these third-party builds.

Thank you FXB78
Krypton has a new default skin (estuary) compared to Jarvis (confluence), but as @FXB78 says 17.4 should look the same as 17.3 (indeed all Krypton 17.x should look the same).

If you want confluence back again you can install it from the official repo.