Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Multipart Episodes / nfo / for home videos
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have lots of short homevideos and decided to use kodi to present them with a nice interface as a tvshow.
Each year I treat as a "season" and it works fine. Only problem is that in some years I have 100+ short videos. This is not convenient.
What I would like to do is "group" related videos as one episode. How do I make/name the corresponding .nfo for it?
For example:
s10e01.trip to paris.nfo
s10e01.1.trip to paris.nfo
s10e01.2.trip to paris.nfo

When naming as above, it will not see the episode at all and when I rename to s10e01.1.trip to paris.nfo it will only play part1.
What am I doing wrong?

*I don't want to merge the videos using mkvtoolnix or ...
If you make the one nfo file for all 100 episodes, you still have 100 separate video files. The limit for Split Episodes is 9.

Do you have "Combine split video items" enabled in Settings>Media Settings>Video ?
Yes, combine split episodes is enabled.

I do not want to join all videos into one episode, I just want to group related videos this way.
So a season with 100 videos should be divided in lets say 30 episodes. Some episodes will be one video, while others may contain 8 or whatever.

Split videos work fine on my system for official TV shows scraped with tvbd. I just cannot get it to work for splite op isodes for my locally scraped homevids.