Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi Commands Android
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am running Kodi 17.4 on an Android 6.1 box.

Using Aeon Nox 5 I have set up sub menu items for the following Kodi Commands:- Reboot, Shutdown, Quit, Power Off System and Restart.

I hoped the following actions would happen, Reboot to Reboot my box, Shutdown to shut down my box, Power Off System to appear as a sub menu item and Power Off my box and Restart to Restart Kodi. This is what happens in LibreELEC.

Shutdown function is set to 'Quit'. Only options I have for this are:- 'Quit' and 'Minimise'

Power Off System did not appear as a submenu option?

Reboot, Shutdown, Quit and Restart all did the same thing, shut down Kodi and went to my Home screen?

Am I misunderstanding doing something incorrectly when running Kodi under Android to cause this?
I don't think kodi has permission to shut down / reboot in android - and there isn't a built-in 'restart' function.
Any solution would be hacky (eg a shortcut pointing at an app that shuts down).
Might be wrong, though - I don't tinker with android much.
Kodi can not control power systems on Android.
Could I set up a custom action submenu item with a command string?

Thanks both for letting me know.
No, because once again, Kodi can/does NOT control power systems.
I've done that on a rooted android box - made custom apk's with tasker to perform functions, pointed kodi shortcuts at the apps.
It was a lot of effort for not much function tbh.