Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: kodi 17 won't upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi sorry if this has been answered elsewhere.
I have a Kodi Box. X92 , running Android 6.0.1 and has a AArch64 rev4 processor.
It is currently running Kodi 16.1
I have downloaded the 17 upgrade from a couple of other places and everytime I try to run it I get an error message along the lines of Parse Error, There was a problem parsing the package.
Can anyone point me in the right direction? Do I even need Kodi !7?
Thanks in advance.
The Android version you are running does seem to support version 17 (assuming your box doesnt run some heaviliy modified/mutilated build).
Where exactly are you downloading the apk from? 'A couple of other places' doesnt sound pomising. If you download from kodi.tv or use the official Playstore Kodi 17 and onwards should install without issue
(2017-09-06, 08:15)ozhog Wrote: [ -> ]I have downloaded the 17 upgrade from a couple of other places and everytime I try to run it I get an error message along the lines of Parse Error, There was a problem parsing the package.

The real obvious place....

***** START HERE - Kodi Krypton problems - and common Android FAQ's with Help *****
(2017-09-06, 08:44)Atreyu Wrote: [ -> ]The Android version you are running does seem to support version 17 (assuming your box doesnt run some heaviliy modified/mutilated build).
Where exactly are you downloading the apk from? 'A couple of other places' doesnt sound pomising. If you download from kodi.tv or use the official Playstore Kodi 17 and onwards should install without issue

Yeah Sorry, I d/ld from Kodi.tv and Google Play, and there was already a version on the box, get the same outcome no matter which.
(2017-09-06, 08:53)wrxtasy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-09-06, 08:15)ozhog Wrote: [ -> ]I have downloaded the 17 upgrade from a couple of other places and everytime I try to run it I get an error message along the lines of Parse Error, There was a problem parsing the package.

***** START HERE - Kodi Krypton problems - and common Android FAQ's with Help *****

Always one in every crowd.
(2017-09-06, 14:33)ozhog Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-09-06, 08:53)wrxtasy Wrote: [ -> ]

Always one in every crowd.

Well in this crowd there are definitely more than one like wrxtasy that will take there time to try and help steer you in the right direction.
Wrxtasy is very knowledgeable and puts lots of time and effort on supporting users on this and other boards.
I strongly suggest you follow his link as it no doubt provides very helpful info regarding your issue
Try going to your file manager
Download and try that

Sent from my SM-J510FN