Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Is there an easy way to deliver an add-on to users!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!
So, after several days of rolled up sleeves, digging, and expanding my mind's context, and several early mornings of falling asleep wondering if I would actually pull it off because the previous day was filled with no success, with the help of many of you all I am happy to say I have an add-on for my stream. I am dissatisfied with the interface, but I can update that as I go.
I need to distribute this add-on in as easy a manner as possible. What I mean is, I need it to be delivered easily (a download, maybe... or sent via email... I'm not sure...), and I need it to be easily installed by a user that may not really understand how to do the installation (and that's coming from someone who doesn't know much about the platform himself). Also, I need that installation to take place without upsetting what may already be installed on their devices.
I have been reading and researching a lot of information about this media center. The coming-up-to-speed learning curve has been a crucible to my mind and I am still nowhere near where I would like to be concerning programming this media center. So...
That said, please offer me suggestions that are simple on my end and simple on the user's end. Something I can understand (read... I need what I like to call Bunny-rabbit English) so that I can, in turn, explain how to do it in a logical, sequential order using Bunny-rabbit English.

Thanks!
This may be a good place to start if you haven't already seen it.... http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on_development