Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Mapping External drives in (Not network ) Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am new to KODI, but purchased a KDlinks A400 and upgraded to Kodi 17.4 (the preinstalled 16.1 had the same issues). I am having trouble adding my 2TB internal mounted drive (it fits into the A400) and/or a USB 2TB Drive as a KODI video source. The A400 sees them fine in file Manager, but when I BROWSE in KODI under external storage, all I see is the SD-CARD which is internal for the A400 storage. Under the A400 file manager the Internal 2TB shows up as Drive D/ and the External USB is Drive E/.

I tried to create a "D/, D:/, etc" as a mapping location but KODI reports a network path not found, can't Browse folders etc.

While I can view all the media content in the A400's player, all I see is a file structure with names ie. showname_S01E01.mp4 etc. They open in the player, but keeping track I might as well keep my DVD's. I can't tell KODI and it's "scrubbers??" how to find episode data, series thumbnails etc. Using SAMBA etc, I can browse the connected network just fine, but when I am in my Cabin in the mountains, NO network, NO internet, zip. Which is why I wanted Internal and USB storage connected to the A400. Is there a way to map the physically connected storage devices in KODI?? If not, I will have to return the "Media Box" and just install KODI on my Laptop and Connect it to my TV.
Hi seattleslug,

I'm not yet find your problem here, but I'll give you some hints where to start:

I assume your player is an android device (it's what I find on google by the device name). If so you should not find and drives C, d or whatever.
In Android it should be /sdcard/ (for system root drive) and /sdcard1/ or /sdcard2/, etc. for any additional internal or external (USB) drive. In some cases this would be /storage/sdcard.../ as well, kind of depends on the Android version used.

Therefor you do not map anything, but use these paths as source, and you should be fine. If you are attatching multiple drives, you must pay attention to the "driveletter" or slot your disc gets. To work as a source it needs to get the same each time you plug it in. Otherwise Kodi will not find the once added videofiles and throw an error message that the video does not exist anmore.