Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: OpenElec 8.0.4 on rpi3 won't play live or recorded TV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have several older OpenElec 6.0.X rpi2 and rpi3 clients running well on my network accessing ServerWMC using PVR WMC client 1.4.7. I recently tried to add another rpi3 client with the latest OpenElec version 8.0.4. It plays movies and media fine from my network, but when I try to play either live or recorded TV nothing happens.

There is no login information required in the folders tab of ServerWMC, but this doesn't stop the other clients from working correctly. If login is required, I don't see where to enter it into PVR WMC or OpenElec, so that could be it. It's been over a year since I set up the other clients, so I may have overlooked an important step while setting up this new client.

Here is the ServerWMC log. I had to split the log into four parts:
https://pastebin.com/1stKdRy4
https://pastebin.com/8T9D1is6
https://pastebin.com/tQjD6PcF
https://pastebin.com/WHuHhM1Z

The last link contains the errors when trying to stream using the new client. It happens at time code 2017/09/07 23:07:57.578 the new client is Kodi^rpi3b The error message from that portion is:
===============
2017/09/07 23:07:57.578 AcquireRecorder> error: System.Runtime.InteropServices.InvalidComObjectException: COM object that has been separated from its underlying RCW cannot be used.
at System.StubHelpers.InterfaceMarshaler.ConvertToNative(Object objSrc, IntPtr itfMT, IntPtr classMT, Int32 flags)
at ehiProxy.RecorderMgrClass.AcquireRecorder(RecorderUse ru, String bstrClientID, IRecorderInfo pRecorderInfo, IRecorder& ppRecorder)
at ServerWMC.Worker.Tuner.AcquireRecorder(RecorderUse ru, String client, IRecorderInfo rInfo)
2017/09/07 23:07:57.578 SetChannel> Recorder acquired: False
2017/09/07 23:07:57.581 LiveRemuxStream> process start error: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: inner
at Microsoft.MediaCenter.Pvr.AsyncWrapper`1..ctor(T inner, TimeSpan timeout, String timeoutMessage)
at ServerWMC.Worker.RecordToWTV.SetChannel(Channel newC)
at ServerWMC.Worker.RecordToWTV.ChangeChannel(Channel c, String newFileName)
at ServerWMC.Worker.LiveRemuxStream..ctor(String clientName, Channel c, Boolean needStreamInfo)
2017/09/07 23:07:57.581 LiveRemuxStream> calling Close()
2017/09/07 23:07:57.581 LiveRemuxStream::Close> closed in 0.00 sec
2017/09/07 23:07:57.582 OpenLiveStream> error: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: inner
at ServerWMC.Worker.LiveRemuxStream..ctor(String clientName, Channel c, Boolean needStreamInfo)
at ServerWMC.Worker.LiveRemuxStream.StartStream(String clientName, Channel c, Boolean needStreamInfo, Boolean& alreadyStreaming, Boolean createMuxOutput)
at ServerWMC.Worker.RecService.OpenLiveStream(FrontEndClient client, String[] args, Boolean calledByWcf)
2017/09/07 23:07:57.582 Finished request OpenLiveStream in 0.07s
===============

Any help would be appreciated.
Moved to linux support. As I guess it's an OpenELEC problem.

Could you please get us a Kodi Debug Log?
@DaVu, I don't think it is an openelec problem.

@jbauer0, the problem you show in the logs looks to be something different then what you are describing in your post, since this problem would not effect the playback of recorded files. This problem that is showing up in the log is weird, but I think a restart of your server machine should clear it up.

The main problem you are describing really sounds like your new client cannot access the recorded tv share. And I would say this is because you don't have the login credentials entered into serverwmc's folders tab. There is a way to set up kodi so these login credentials are not needed in serverwmc, so perhaps that is what you did on your older clients that are working. I personally don't know how to do that in kodi, so if you can't remember either, I suggest just entering the login credentials into serverwmc, it won't effect your other clients.
I was just looking into installing the debug log uploader. But maybe I won't have to.

@Krusty, I've restarted the server machine several times. I have it set to restart every other day at 3 a.m.

I may be missing something, but where in Kodi / OpenElec / PVR WMC do you add the login name & password used on the ServerWMC settings? I've looked through every setting I can find, so it must be in something I haven't found.

Since I first posted I've noticed when Kodi starts a brief message shows up:
PVR WMC client
Recorded TV folder not found
Sorry if I was wrong and sorry for moving this thread again to RPi-section
@jbauer0

Sorry I forgot about this thread since it got moved to the other forum. You'll notice I moved it back, so I won't forget Smile. The login credentials go into Serverwmc (running on your wmc machine) in the Folders tab. If that doesn't work, please post the entire serverwmc log on pastebin.com and put a link to it here.
It works!

That's funny, I hadn't had time to look into it much until today. I finally thought the info entered in ServerWMC has to match a windows user credentials and the credentials are sent from ServerWMC to the clients. I
thought the clients talked to ServerWMC using their own credentials. Right after I tried it and it worked I checked here again and you had just replied yesterday.

Anyway, it works great now. I still have no idea why the old OpenElec setups don't need credentials, I must have followed a guide while setting them up and didn't remember how it was done.

Thanks for the help.
Glad you got it working.