Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Compilation in Gentoo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a build problem, but first my Portage and Kodi

@Karellen- Log removed

Code:
emerge kodi -v

These are the packages that would be merged:

Calculating dependencies  .... .... done!
[ebuild  N     ] media-tv/kodi-17.3-r1::gentoo  USE="X airplay alsa bluetooth caps cec css dbus debug dvd gles java mysql nfs nonfree opengl samba sftp (system-ffmpeg) udev udisks upnp upower vaapi vdpau webserver xslt zeroconf -bluray (-libressl) -libusb -lirc -pulseaudio -systemd {-test}" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7" 0 KiB

Total: 1 package (1 new), Size of downloads: 0 KiB

Would you like to merge these packages? [Yes/No]

@Karellen- Log removed

How to remove this bug, any ideas?
@delleg

We don't allow logs to be posted in the forum. Please post to a pastebin type site and provide the link here in a post.
(2017-09-10, 04:17)delleg Wrote: [ -> ]I have a build problem, but first my Portage and Kodi

@Karellen- Log removed

Code:
emerge kodi -v

These are the packages that would be merged:

Calculating dependencies  .... .... done!
[ebuild  N     ] media-tv/kodi-17.3-r1::gentoo  USE="X airplay alsa bluetooth caps cec css dbus debug dvd gles java mysql nfs nonfree opengl samba sftp (system-ffmpeg) udev udisks upnp upower vaapi vdpau webserver xslt zeroconf -bluray (-libressl) -libusb -lirc -pulseaudio -systemd {-test}" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7" 0 KiB

Total: 1 package (1 new), Size of downloads: 0 KiB

Would you like to merge these packages? [Yes/No]

@Karellen- Log removed

How to remove this bug, any ideas?

No idea what was posted here before, but given the fact that it works fine on ALL other linux distributions I am not sure you want to solve "the bug" in kodi -> better ask your gentoo kodi maintainer about a solution.
Hey,

I don't see any bug - supposing the important part was in the logs - please post them in a pastebin somewhere and provide them,
as long with a more detailed problem description would be fine.

thx, br
So, one more time

emerge --info
https://pastebin.com/RNK0C0t7

and the bug itself
https://pastebin.com/pJ66XLHi
taglib missing?
Is this the very first error in your complete emerge-log file?

tablig seems to be missing, afaik it has to be unmasked for version 1.11 or something like that.

another idea:
your gcc is quite "new" (and unstable if I remember correctly).
did you recently upgrade gcc?
do you have a reason to not stick with 4.9.4 or 5.4.0?

if you did upgrade your gcc it is necessary to rebuild some stuff,
meaning rebuild (if installed): libtool, boost, llvm, clang
and the entire toolchainwith:
Code:
emerge --ask --emptytree --verbose @system
my guess is different abi for taglib. probably build with something pre gcc5. notice it's a linker issue, not a compiler issue.