Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Can' t add movies throught smb to SPMC on Android TV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi everyone, i'm trying to configure SPMC on my mi box international (OS: android TV).
i have Kodi Krypton on my pc (windows 10) and on another tv box android and everything goes fine.

I have my library of films and tv series stored in a synology ds155j NAS.

On SPMC, i have added all the tv series through smb (smb://nas ip:445/video/tv series/), it all works fine, it downloaded the infos and posters through TVDB.

The problem is that I can' t add the movies folder, i' ve followed the same steps that worked for the tv series. The movies folder is added properly, i can see the files through video->file->movies, but it doesn't download any data/poster via TMDb neither i can see the movie list in the section "movies" like i do with the tv series.

I can't understand why it doesn't work because the two folders have the same permissions and one is recognized but the other one not. Please help me, i' m really becoming nervous about it.

Sorry for my poor english and thank you in advance!
Exactly what path did you use for the movies library?
smb://192.168.1.108/video/Film/ or smb://192.168.1.108:445/video/Film/.
In both cases it can see the folder and the files in it, but the scanning of the files failed, with no infos by the scraper (TMDb)

Inviato dal mio D5803 utilizzando Tapatalk
(2017-09-11, 18:05)Nocenzi Wrote: [ -> ]smb://192.168.1.108/video/Film/ or smb://192.168.1.108:445/video/Film/.
In both cases it can see the folder and the files in it, but the scanning of the files failed, with no infos by the scraper (TMDb)

Did you try to force it to rescan after you added the path and it failed?

You also need to provide a Debug log (wiki).
(2017-09-12, 04:40)Tinwarble Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-09-11, 18:05)Nocenzi Wrote: [ -> ]smb://192.168.1.108/video/Film/ or smb://192.168.1.108:445/video/Film/.

Did you try to force it to rescan after you added the path and it failed?

You also need to provide a Debug log (wiki).
If by force to rescan you mean to select "scan for new content" on the movie folder, yes, i did it many times, with no result.

I have never done this, so i followed kodi.wiki instruction, I have downloaded Kodi Logfile Uploader abd enabled debug logging. Then I have removed the movie folder and add it again with the same path.

But when I try to start Kodi Logfile Uploader, it comes with "Kodi Logfile Uploader error" and nothing else.
Kodi Log viewer works correctly.

There are others ways to upload the debug log?

You can simply manually upload the kodi.log file to pastebin.com or a text upload site of your choosing.

I fixed the topic title a little. This forum is already about helping.
We probably need to see what your naming/folder structure.
(2017-09-12, 09:09)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]You can simply manually upload the kodi.log file to pastebin.com or a text upload site of your choosing.

I fixed the topic title a little. This forum is already about helping.

Ok, I Have found the spmc.log file, copied in an USB pendrive, but the file is 1,44 mb, so when i try to upload on pastebin, it says "You have exceeded the maximum paste size of 512 kilobytes per paste"
how can I do?

EDIT: I have uploaded it on OneDrive, this is the read only link to the log: spmc.log

(2017-09-12, 10:51)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]We probably need to see what your naming/folder structure.

the naming folder structure is : movie folder/director name folder/folder named: "movie name (year) quality (es. 1080p)"/ moviename (year) quality.mkv

for example: Film/ Charlie Chaplin/Modern Times (1936) 1080p/Modern Times (1936) 1080p.mkv
Try

FIlm/Modern Times (1936)/Modern Times (1936) 1080p.mkv
(2017-09-12, 22:10)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]Try

FIlm/Modern Times (1936)/Modern Times (1936) 1080p.mkv

Ok, i will try, but for me it isn't a solution.
First, because to modify all the folders is a work too big.
Then, beacuse I need the division by director, and mostly because I have kodi on windows and on another android tv box , and it works perfectly with the actual naming structure.
The problem is that your movies are in a sub-folder of a child folder. To keep that naming structure just add each director folder as it's own movie source.

So instead of adding "Film" as your source folder, add "Charlie Chaplin" instead. Do this for every director and all the movies should scrape nicely into your movie library.
(2017-09-13, 09:37)Dangelus Wrote: [ -> ]The problem is that your movies are in a sub-folder of a child folder. To keep that naming structure just add each director folder as it's own movie source.

So instead of adding "Film" as your source folder, add "Charlie Chaplin" instead. Do this for every director and all the movies should scrape nicely into your movie library.

Tanks, i' ll try this too, but it's an even bigger work!

How is possible that on the other tv box it works fine? The folders are the same, but there it sees all the infos of the movies.
Or in the source dialog, choose 'scan recursively'

So you are using a number of kodi machines? Try using MySQL for your database.

Also for Kodi, you don't need to arrange your directories by director, or genre, or anything else of that nature. Kodi scrapes all those details and allows you to view by those attributes.
(2017-09-13, 10:06)Nocenzi Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-09-13, 09:37)Dangelus Wrote: [ -> ]The problem is that your movies are in a sub-folder of a child folder. To keep that naming structure just add each director folder as it's own movie source.

Tanks, i' ll try this too, but it's an even bigger work!

How is possible that on the other tv box it works fine? The folders are the same, but there it sees all the infos of the movies.

Ah I didn't see that you had it working for other instances of Kodi. it must be something you have done differently wile scanning on this particular occasion.

Try @nickr's suggestion.
Cant kodi handle such larger directory trees when scraping?
Pages: 1 2