Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi remote connection w port forward
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all!

I`m trying to made my kodi player to be controlled by google assistant.
so i need to setup kody remote control.

Well i turned everything on and changed port to 7272.

From my local wifi network it worked like a charm, and i can access web interface.

Well i went on and made port forward on my router --- ext address port 7272 - kodi local address port 7272 for tcp and udp

But here is no connection availble.
I`ve got a web server on my network and i can connect to it with my port forward from any where i need. But there is no luck with kodi. Why so? I do port forward similar to my web server. =(((
Solved ) there was some troubles inside my network
Thread marked solved.
(2017-09-14, 10:34)xamalon Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all!

I`m trying to made my kodi player to be controlled by google assistant.
so i need to setup kody remote control.

Well i turned everything on and changed port to 7272.

From my local wifi network it worked like a charm, and i can access web interface.

Well i went on and made port forward on my router --- ext address port 7272 - kodi local address port 7272 for tcp and udp

But here is no connection availble.
I`ve got a web server on my network and i can connect to it with my port forward from any where i need. But there is no luck with kodi. Why so? I do port forward similar to my web server. =(((
Can I ask what sort of Google Assistant setup this is? Is it from mobile to Kodi? And if so how is it working? Very interested in the setup