Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Slow loading/waiting between channels
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First of all, I want to say I love the idea behind this app and the amount of work that went in to it must have been phenomenal.

I got it last night and have had a little play around with it.

I'm running a Raspberry pi 3 with kodi 17 and have version 0.8 of pseudoTV (got it form the lunatix repo).

My main issue at the moment is that every time I change channel there's a long time "waiting" or "loading" the next channel. Originally I had the 40ish default channels and thought maybe that was causing the lag so I dropped it down to 3 custom channels I created and there was no change in the wait between channels.

Is the pi3 too slow to handle the app or are there any tips that people can recommend to speed things up a bit?

I must confess that I'm powering my pi3 with a plug that is below the recommended voltage so gonna swap that out this evening to see if it improves things. I'm also curious if overclocking the pi will have much of an impact?

I'd love to use this app but I'd prefer it seamlessly transition between channels so anything that can help me towards that goal would be gratefully accepted.
(2017-09-14, 12:35)sphirst Wrote: [ -> ]First of all, I want to say I love the idea behind this app and the amount of work that went in to it must have been phenomenal.

I got it last night and have had a little play around with it.

I'm running a Raspberry pi 3 with kodi 17 and have version 0.8 of pseudoTV (got it form the lunatix repo).

My main issue at the moment is that every time I change channel there's a long time "waiting" or "loading" the next channel. Originally I had the 40ish default channels and thought maybe that was causing the lag so I dropped it down to 3 custom channels I created and there was no change in the wait between channels.

Is the pi3 too slow to handle the app or are there any tips that people can recommend to speed things up a bit?

I must confess that I'm powering my pi3 with a plug that is below the recommended voltage so gonna swap that out this evening to see if it improves things. I'm also curious if overclocking the pi will have much of an impact?

I'd love to use this app but I'd prefer it seamlessly transition between channels so anything that can help me towards that goal would be gratefully accepted.

Hey, Thanks... Yes A LOT OF WORK !! but i'm happy to do it...

I apologize for the sluggishness... PseudoTV was originally developed for XBMC 10, so its core code base is old and was not designed with low power ARM devices.

Currently with PTVL v.0.8.x there is not much you can do... I personally never really experienced that many issues... it was a tad bit slow on some devices, but nothing like some users describe.

The good news! I've spent a considerable amount of time refactoring PTVL from scratch (v.0.9.x). The code performs very well on all devices; unfortunately it has not been released yet.

You can read a few tip threads located in this subform... this might help smooth things out till v.0.9.x is released.

BTW you can follow me on twitter, where I blog about active development and poll users for future features.
Hi Lunatixz, thanks so much for getting back to me!

I think the project is a great idea - I had no idea it even existed but it was something I was thinking about doing with kodi for a while.

I have followed you on twitter Smile

In the mean time I think I'll have a little play around with it but just wait for 0.9 - sounds like you've put a ton of work in to it!

While I wait I'll play around with making channel idents and logos and stuff...
(2017-09-14, 22:28)sphirst Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Lunatixz, thanks so much for getting back to me!

I think the project is a great idea - I had no idea it even existed but it was something I was thinking about doing with kodi for a while.

I have followed you on twitter Smile

In the mean time I think I'll have a little play around with it but just wait for 0.9 - sounds like you've put a ton of work in to it!

While I wait I'll play around with making channel idents and logos and stuff...

Yep, this project predates almost all current projects (probably one of the oldest still being developed).

Thanks for waiting, There has been A LOT of improvements made to v.0.9.x concerning "BCT'S" (Bumpers, Commercials, and Trailers).

If you'd like to help... any online bumpers you find... feel free to add them to the list below.
https://github.com/PseudoTV/PseudoTV_Lis...mpers.json
I have had the same problem. I think rp3 is just too slow for pseudotv. I just ran the same setup on my macbook and it worked perfectly. I guess I just need to build a faster system.