Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: problem with view modes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi

i have this problem with views that is turning into a headache. views are on icon by default (kodi 17.3, latest rapier) and i change them to my preference of list view or list info 2. even after exiting kodi to save the changes the always revert back to icon view. how can i get my changes to list view to stick?

thank you
Hi Connjam.

First, upgrade to 17.4 as I know several issues were fixed with saving skin settings.

Which platform do you use? There could be issues with write permissions to the userdata folder.

Do you use local content, networked content or an add-on?
Several add-ons force specific views upon the user. There's nothing I can do about that - if that's the issue.
Thanks Gade,

I'm on Mac and using local content and addon. Ive not tried 17.4 yet. I'll update and see if the views stick. I'll get back with findings.

Thanks.
Hi Connjam.

Did you get the chance to update to 17.4 or the latest 17.5 nightly?
I'm curious to hear what if that fixed the issue.
(2017-10-10, 12:41)Hino I’ve not had a chance yet. Been away. I’m gonna try it this weekend and also have a go at adding a green theme too.ill let you know how it goes. Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Connjam.

Did you get the chance to update to 17.4 or the latest 17.5 nightly?
I'm curious to hear what if that fixed the issue.
Great, thanks.