Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: KODI 17.X recording without backend?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
KODI 17.X recording without backend?

Hi, I have a question about the KODI 17.X system.
Really needs a multiple answer.

I use LIVE IPTV whit own url from a live provider for TV channels
To view those channels, most of us use ( PVR Simple client) uses.
Many also use backends to record programs, such as TVheadend DVBserver link etc.

What I have as question is!
Can you record live ip tv streams, WITHOUT BACKEND direcly into kodi, and still have the same functionality as simple client, whit epg.
With simple client, (- recording, time shift, etc. does not work.)

I figure if this exist.
The installation should be as in a simple client, and then it's only to record. Therefore, I do not want to use a backend server, but have it directly in Kodi.

Why? I do not have any computer I can save as server, nas or similar.

I run kodi directly on an android tv with all kodi features, and no, I'd prefer to avoid android apps because all apps are not available to android tv's in google play.
I find no PVR client or addon so far that can act this way, searched and searched but finds none. Also searched for longer.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(So what i need is a PVR simple client whit IP LIVE Tv function and record function that saves on usb drive whit EPG, and if it exist, timeshift) thats about it
Simple answer is no, not for Android.

Besides that you would not want to use a PVR client add-on on an Android device since it would require Kodi to be always running,. Since Android can and will close apps when it needs to free up resources it would make any PVR client unreliable.

However, since you are using an Android TV device you can try this TVHeadEnd client app: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic...nt=5209718

You'll have to sideload it, and it was made specifically for the Shield TV but it should work on any Android TV device.
(2017-09-19, 14:37)Tinwarble Wrote: [ -> ]Simple answer is no, not for Android.

Besides that you would not want to use a PVR client add-on on an Android device since it would require Kodi to be always running,. Since Android can and will close apps when it needs to free up resources it would make any PVR client unreliable.

However, since you are using an Android TV device you can try this TVHeadEnd client app: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic...nt=5209718

You'll have to sideload it, and it was made specifically for the Shield TV but it should work on any Android TV device.

Timware:
That didnt work, i got a philips 2017 android tv size 55.. it sais it cant verify it and abort install.........
(2017-09-19, 19:04)cenox Wrote: [ -> ]Timware:
That didnt work, i got a philips 2017 android tv size 55.. it sais it cant verify it and abort install.........

I don't know who "Timware" is, but you need to turn on unknown source in the Android settings.

Settings > Security & restrictions > Unknown sources.