Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Boot ipad in Kodi and launch ios apps from within kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I'm setting up 2 ipad 1st gen (ios 5.1.1) for my little girls. being 2 and 5 with very inquisitive minds and fingers, I have decided to use kodi as a main interface. it is much more customizable and user friendly that ios. I also don't want them to go playing with settings or anything else.

All is very well so far with a very easy menu with pictures and big buttons, they can watch movies, music videos listen to music and read ebooks (haven't found a way to get ebooks with audio so they can read them on their own yet...) . But now I would like to know, is it possible for the ipad to boot directly in kodi like I do on my android or ubuntu? and is there a way to launch some ios apps from within kodi, so I could add a couple of educational games to the tablets and not need to close kodi to launch the app?

Thanks guys,
bebetaz
Yes, you can. This feature is called guided access: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202612

Other apps can be called by their url scheme.