Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Stream from IPTV Box
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I am a newbie to kodi and this whole IPTV thing. Please pls let me know if I am trying out something stupid or impossible here and if Kodi is the answer to this or not.

I have a IPTV box hardware, that works perfectly fine, it is connected to my home wifi and has a ipaddress ofcourse.

I just want to watch it on a laptop in a different room, without having to plug it out from its present location which is in the hall.

IPTV box is on android and it has kodi installed, can i watch it on a windows 10 PC?
In theory, yes. However, if you purchased an Android box with Kodi pre-installed with IPTV feeds, chances are it's of dubious origin and most likely using less-than-legal streams, for which you will receive no help here. If however you are using legal streams from a reputable IPTV provider, then details about your service are needed in order to offer help.
Thanks rpcameron!
Now what details for service do you need or should i be looking for?
What player should i use on my PC to watch stuff from the box?

(2017-09-22, 06:52)rpcameron Wrote: [ -> ]In theory, yes. However, if you purchased an Android box with Kodi pre-installed with IPTV feeds, chances are it's of dubious origin and most likely using less-than-legal streams, for which you will receive no help here. If however you are using legal streams from a reputable IPTV provider, then details about your service are needed in order to offer help.
Or alternatively how else can view it if not with Kodi?
Quote:Now what details for service do you need or should i be looking for?
We need to know what type of streams they are, and who the provider or source is.

A debug log will be useful or if you have links to the websites for the service provider, or where you download your iptv list from, that will be good. If you purchased the pre-loaded type Kodi, then a link to the sellers page.

Once we confirm the legitimacy of the streams, we can then offer (or refuse) assistance.