Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Leia not saving subtitles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been using the Leia nightly on my Nvidia Shield but I'm having trouble with saving the subtitles when downloaded with Leia. I wondered if it has something to do with NFS. SPMC has no trouble with saving the subtitles, so I know my settings on my NAS are correct. Is there a setting or workaround I'm missing in Leia?
At this point, some investigation will be needed to determine if this is the fault of the Leia add-on or within Leia itself, a proper debug log along with the subtitle add-on in your attempt might be helpful along with a handful of patience. These development builds, often called “pre-release” builds, are what will eventually lead to the final version. THESE BUILDS COULD BE UNSTABLE and are for users that do not fear bugs or possibly crashes. They are mainly used for development to help us in testing for the upcoming releases. If you want a stable HTPC then please install a stable build instead.
(2017-09-23, 05:39)PatK Wrote: [ -> ]At this point, some investigation will be needed to determine if this is the fault of the Leia add-on or within Leia itself, a proper debug log along with the subtitle add-on in your attempt might be helpful along with a handful of patience. These development builds, often called “pre-release” builds, are what will eventually lead to the final version. THESE BUILDS COULD BE UNSTABLE and are for users that do not fear bugs or possibly crashes. They are mainly used for development to help us in testing for the upcoming releases. If you want a stable HTPC then please install a stable build instead.

Thanks for your answer. I've been using nightly builds now for over 7 years. I don't mind if it's sometimes a bit unstable. I just was wondering if there are others with this problem, because I couldn't find such a topic on the forum. That's why I had thought for a long time that the problem was with the nas and nfs.
I created a debug log: https://paste.ubuntu.com/25599426/
Thanks for the debug log, and from the log it looks like the .srt is downloading into 'temp' but that's as far as it goes (do you get a subtitle at this point?) at that point the python scripts stops. Wondering if you could delete the present log, then zero in on one video, attempt to download that one subtitle and repost that log with the filename.
I did notice that the subtitles get stuck in the temp folder. And yes, when downloaded these subtitles work, but as soon as you stop the video and restart it you have to download the sub again. Please see the debug log, the filename is Fear.the.Walking.Dead.S03E02.The.New.Frontier. And thanks a lot for your effort. https://paste.ubuntu.com/25600573/
The latest Leia nightly is still not saving the subtitles in the video folder, whereas Krypton has no trouble with that. So I don't believe the problem is in my system.
I don't know how it is on shield, but on the rest of AndroidTV's (sony,philips) with MM we lost the ability to write outside of KODI folder so the solution is to change "next to movie" to some folder inside KODI folder or somewhere on the network.
(2017-12-02, 01:48)kinggo Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know how it is on shield, but on the rest of AndroidTV's (sony,philips) with MM we lost the ability to write outside of KODI folder so the solution is to change "next to movie" to some folder inside KODI folder or somewhere on the network.
 Aha! That seems like something to fix (for the people much smarter than me). The solution to save it somewhere else should be temporary, or they should remove the option as well.
Well, it's a bit tricky. The whole thing. Problem #1 is that Android MM change some things which require apps to ask for certain writing permmisions. And kodi does not do that. So it can't write outside of it's own folder. On any android system. I don't know if that will ever change. Either within KODI or within Android. Problem #2 for Android TV users, at least those with Bravias, is that SONY and MTK broke most of the USB related functions with MM and nougat firmwares so even if there wouldn't be a problem #1 we still wouldn't be able to write next to the movie since we can't write to the disks any more at all. 
So, if you can write on your USB disks on the shield then the problem is still KODI and the fact that doesn't ask for permission and the only way to keep the subs is to save them in some other folder on the network or in KODI folder. And if you only use KODI than its not a problem since it will look into that folder for subtitles. But in any other case you won't have those subtitles. The option is to use some file manager to move them from that folder next to the movie. On bravia, I can't even do that since no writing is possible so the only way is to do that with the drive plugged into something else.