Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: FanArt for Skins and Plugins support added to XBMC, details for skinners here!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok gang, I will be getting the wiki updated tomorrow, but I wanted to take a moment and post here to let all you skinners know the details on how to implement and use Fanart in your skins.

First off, you have a few new infolabels available to you for returning the fanart image, as well as the 3 colors in the fanart theme. These are:

Fanart.Image
Fanart.Color1
Fanart.Color2
Fanart.Color3

The infolabels will work at the Season and Episodes level in the Video Library.

In addition, each has a respective List Item property that can be accessed as desired. The properties are:

fanart_image
fanart_color1
fanart_color2
fanart_color3

IIRC the syntax for this inthe skin would be as such:

ListItem(x).Property(fanart_image)

Where "x" is the list item in question.

Due to the size of the image, if you intend to change the image through properties as the list focus changes, you may want to use a largeimage control so the loading is done in the background.

You also have a new button available to the DialogVideoInfo.xml window to allows the selection of Fanart in the same manner as the current Get Thumb button. This button is button ID 12.

Fanart images are downloaded at full resolution, however on the XBOX they will be resized down to 1280x720 if they are larger. This will only happen onthe XBOX due to memory contraints.

I think that covers pretty much all of it. If you have any questions, please ask.
Thanks again agathorn. All of your hard work is greatly appreciated!
Note that the listitem.property stuff isn't working yet.
Exciting stuff, canĀ“t wait to get home and put it into my skin Smile
Thanks a lot!
Oh BTW people thought I better mention that as for now there is no fan art in Project Mayhem III at all until we can decide ona way to do it that will be try to the original skin and look good
Thanks for all your work.
Gonna test it asap.
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice, hopefully this is a sign of new skins to come in and take advantage of FanArt
is fanart only supported as 1 per show or can on eshow have a rotating selection?
theDeviL Wrote:is fanart only supported as 1 per show or can on eshow have a rotating selection?

I was actually just wondering the same thing. Perhaps have a limit of say 3 or 4 that the user can select.
No. All the Fanart is scraped from TVDB, but you the user chooses which one they want to have displayed similiar to thumbs.

On a related note though, all fanart is stored in : userdata/thumbnails/video/fanart

So if oyu wanted to make a Multiimage control for the main menu that shows the fanart when say TV Shows is highlighted, then you can do that.
Right, thanks for the clarification Wink
good job agathorn. i was reading the forums at thetvdb too and appreciate all your hard work!
Jezz_X Wrote:Oh BTW people thought I better mention that as for now there is no fan art in Project Mayhem III at all until we can decide ona way to do it that will be try to the original skin and look good

Seems like fanart could only be implemented at the episode level. Like someone mentioned before, having it at the show level (so that fanart switches every time a different item is selected) wouldn't be too pretty, and having a static fanart image would look strange as well.

Does anyone else think this is a good time to change the link on the Home screen of PMIII from Videos with TV Show and Movies sub-categories to individual Movie and TV Show tabs, a la Aeon?
im currently messing round editing skins to my liking, im working on XTV at the moment, anyone point me in the right way of were to put the fan art code, I just want to get it to display at the moment, Ive figured out how to shift everything around ( menu's / images ), just no idea how to get it to display
FanArt.Image
Pages: 1 2