Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Separate Icon and thumb in PVR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a hard time understanding the logic behind having ListItem.Icon and ListItem.Art(thumb) returning the same value in the PVR. I don't have a PVR setup but as I understand it not all (or none?) backends supply thumbnails. However thumbnails can be provided by add-ons like Skin Helper Service, which has a PVR scraper function.

Because ListItem.Icon and ListItem.Art(thumb) return the same value, I am unable to distinguish what is shown in what situation. So I cannot define x dimensions, y scaling and z position when there's a thumbnail available, but use a dimensions, b scaling and c position when a channel logo is showing.

So, to put it briefly, please consider changing this so that:

- ListItem.Icon: returns channel logo
- ListItem.Art(thumb): returns a thumbnail if available, returns empty when not available.

This way the channel logo can be used as a fallback for thumbnails using a different set of properties. I can't think of any situation where this would take away anything.

Thoughts?
This Art don't working for PVR
Code:
ListItem.Art(thumb): returns a thumbnail if available, returns empty when not available.

Code:
ListItem.Icon: returns channel logo
This is true, in windows for PVR return always Channel logo...but for dialog showing thumb if available if pvr epg don't support thumb
this code will show channel logo.

That's what is it.It's ok by me and code for fallback I dont use.
All main art are from helper script....
With thumb in epg
without thumb
with SHS
(2017-09-24, 17:24)Angelinas Wrote: [ -> ]This Art don't working for PVR
Code:
ListItem.Art(thumb): returns a thumbnail if available, returns empty when not available.

Well, as you can see it's clearly returning something:

Quote:
Code:
ListItem.Icon: returns channel logo
This is true, in windows for PVR return always Channel logo...but for dialog showing thumb if available if pvr epg don't support thumb
this code will show channel logo.
Which to me does not make any sense whatsoever.

Quote:That's what is it.It's ok by me and code for fallback I dont use.
All main art are from helper script....
I think you're missing my point. It's great you've got working what you want.

I simply want to apply different properties to channel logos than thumbnails. In the video library we can choose to show an icon or the thumbnail, why should the PVR be any different? And what would you lose by separating icons and thumbnails? Why even have both if they return the same?
(2017-09-24, 18:09)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]Well, as you can see it's clearly returning something:
Yes , you have right...mine mistake (missing bracket)

(2017-09-24, 18:09)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]I simply want to apply different properties to channel logos than thumbnails. In the video library we can choose to show an icon or the thumbnail, why should the PVR be any different? And what would you loose by separating icons and thumbnails? Why even have both if they return the same?
You have right again...but why you write in skining part...this is for PVR thread.
I remember mine discussions with dushmaniac to include in PVR thumbnails,director,writer, episodenumber....
Good luck Smile
Seemed skinning related to me. If the PVR forum is better suited can a mod please move this thread?
@Jeroen 
Has something changed regarding this "issue" or do you found another way to check if a thumbnail is available?