Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Offer for paid change - channels problem with no keyboard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi.

I hope this is the proper way of requesting a paid change request. If it is not, then please give me feedback to where to place this request.

We are looking for someone to help us solve a problem with Kodi and are willing to pay for someone to do this for us. We need this solved quickly and any change done must be offered back to the code base of Kodi.

We have a setup where we use Kodi on Raspberry PI with pvr.ip-tv-simple. We use it with a channel list configured in pvr-ip-tv-simple and have attached a IR remote to it. (Making it a set top box) This works fine when everything is in order, but we have encountered a problematic scenario that we want to solve.

The problem we encounter can be reproduced like this:

1. Start playing a channel.
2. Remove ethernet plug from PI
3. Change channel
4. Insert ethernet plug into PI

Kodi is now in such a state that you have to attach a keyboard and press enter to make it stream again. This is a big problem as we want this to be operated by a remote that are limited in capability (we only want to be able to control the channels up and down)

What we need to be able to configure Kodi in such a state that this cannot happen or that sending the changing channel command will restart the playing in full screen mode. The solution must either be a properly configured kodi or a patched install of Kodi - in the last case the end product must be in the form of a updated Kodi package so we can easily distribute this to our Rasberry PI's.

If you are interested in this offer or have any other questions then please contact me.

Edit: Trying to explain the problem in more detail.

The playback of kodi can be in a list view where you see the channels and you can navigate in the channels to select a channel. Do start playing one of the channels here you have to push enter to start playing the stream. It seems that it goes into this state of selecting channels if you try to switch channels when there is no network available. To start the playback again, you must select that the channel should start playing again.
we ?
Yeah, I should have mentioned this...

We are a small company (20 people) located in Norway, Oslo. Our name is Hospital IT (hospitalit.no, sorry it's in Norwegian only). We create software for health care, with focus on solutions for muncipalities in Norway.

A side offer that we have for some of our customers is a senior TV solution where elderly people can have a simplified TV solution where we broadcast TV streams of Norwegian TV. This is where Kodi comes into play.

My role - I'm head of development in this company.
Isn't this just a skin issue?
Keyboard.xml file that can be replicated over all the pis, so that the boxes think that it's a keyboard press....
(2017-09-27, 12:54)docwra Wrote: [ -> ]Isn't this just a skin issue?

Could you please tell how changing the skin would help?
(2017-09-27, 13:43)tjay260476 Wrote: [ -> ]Keyboard.xml file that can be replicated over all the pis, so that the boxes think that it's a keyboard press....

Can you explain how this would help?
What you have is a bunch of people making guesses because you have not managed to describe the problem. 'In a state which requires keyboard input' is way way too vague.
Maybe an idea is to bind a remote button to the needed keyboard button/combo as a workaround until a proper solution? You can do this with various tools: xmodmap, xbindkeys, etc
Just sounds like a "kodi box" seller trying to get a fix here so they can make money to me
(2017-09-27, 21:38)toineb Wrote: [ -> ]Just sounds like a "kodi box" seller trying to get a fix here so they can make money to me

We are using Kodi to make money by selling software, but we really want to hire someone to help us solve our problem. And by doing so contributing to Kodi.
(2017-09-27, 20:56)ironic_monkey Wrote: [ -> ]What you have is a bunch of people making guesses because you have not managed to describe the problem. 'In a state which requires keyboard input' is way way too vague.

I made an edit and tried to make the problem more clear. I'm really trying :-)
They make IT solutions for health care. Not a one man band trying to make a living as a Kodi box seller. But they are probably grossly overcharging and/or "renting" these rpi boxes out. This is Norwegian healtcare after all. Somebody is always getting ripped off.

But I digress...
Sounds like you need to fix your network, why would people be unplugging an ethernet cable mid-watching a channel anyway?
never doubted you did, just trying to preempt waste of time on all sides. i have a suspicion, but i will not guess in public until you give all the required information. for starters, which skin? custom built? where is the debug log? that's the very minimum requirement for any kind of support, paid or otherwise.

@toineb full disclosure was given and the company is legit (i am norwegian and can read that page..). there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with providing a service somebody wants to pay for baesd on kodi, as long as kodi's license is respected. (as long as there is no piracy involved and only bleeding idiots would sell pirated media to hospitals).
Pages: 1 2