Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Volume reduces to zero all by itself?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Recently the volume on my KODI system has been reducing to zero all by itself. I thought I was hitting buttons or accidentally doing something to cause this but I have found no cause that is due to operator error...

This is annoying and I don't see a solution anywhere. Can anyone please help. KODI is great but this makes it unusable.

Build: Kodi 17.4 Git:20170822-nogitfound
Compiled: Nov 4 2012
Free Memory: 7013 MB
Operating system: Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS (kernel: Linux 4.10.0-37-generic)

CPU: AMD A4-5000 APU with Radeon HD Graphics
Speed: 800 MHz
Total memory: 7411 MB
Free Memory: 7013 MB
Usually caused by another controller connected to your hardware. Do you have any joystick or ps3 controller anywhere in the room?
(2017-10-15, 02:20)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]Usually caused by another controller connected to your hardware. Do you have any joystick or ps3 controller anywhere in the room?

No, I don't. Only a keyboard and a mouse connected to the box by USB.
I had a keyboard and mouse connected to the Kodi box. To be absolutely sure it wasn't these causing an issue somewhere, I removed them. Kodi still shows this behaviour. It seems quite random. Sometimes just restarting the track will cause it to play again at the correct volume. Very annoying and no-one seems to know anything about it. I'm only controlling Kodi through Kore or the web application ('Chorus'?).
...and it just did it again. =(
(2017-11-26, 21:55)swulf Wrote: [ -> ]...and it just did it again. =(
 ...and again. =( =(
Enable debug logging via the advancedsettings.xml see http://kodi.wiki/view/advancedsettings.xml#loglevel use the example given there so you get the debug logging with the gui overlay so you can all the time until the problem occurs, once it does immediately close Kodi then copy the log to a pastebin site.
If voluume is changing it is because something is sending commands to change it.
(2017-11-26, 21:54)swulf Wrote: [ -> ]I'm only controlling Kodi through Kore or the web application ('Chorus'?).
Both are capable of changing volume. Kore on a tablet, I think the tablet volume control takes over volume on Kodi, same could be true of Chorus. Reconnect your mouse and keyboard and stop using remote devices to control Kodi, does the issue go away?
(2017-11-26, 23:20)jjd-uk Wrote: [ -> ]Enable debug logging via the advancedsettings.xml see http://kodi.wiki/view/advancedsettings.xml#loglevel use the example given there so you get the debug logging with the gui overlay so you can all the time until the problem occurs, once it does immediately close Kodi then copy the log to a pastebin site.
 OK, where will I find the log once this happens?
(2017-11-27, 01:21)DaveBlake Wrote: [ -> ]If voluume is changing it is because something is sending commands to change it.
(2017-11-26, 21:54)swulf Wrote: [ -> ]I'm only controlling Kodi through Kore or the web application ('Chorus'?).
Both are capable of changing volume. Kore on a tablet, I think the tablet volume control takes over volume on Kodi, same could be true of Chorus. Reconnect your mouse and keyboard and stop using remote devices to control Kodi, does the issue go away? 
 No, it doesn't go away.
Just to be sure: did you disable the rc webservice..?
Log file in which this issue occurred: https://filebin.ca/3j25FHZo9ErD
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file.

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Always use a paste site like pastebin.com. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
(2017-11-30, 06:16)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file.

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Always use a paste site like pastebin.com. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
I thought I did this. What is wrong with the log I posted? I followed the 'Advanced Method'. It's full of DEBUG statements. What you wrote above just implies that I've done something wrong but isn't helpful in pointing out what mistake(s) I have made.
It is not posted at a pastebin site. Looks like you have zipped the file.

We do not like downloading zipped files. It is too much work and insecure for us on our personal computers. We have to download, unzip to a folder, scan for virus, open in application, then perform the clean up. Try doing that thirty times a day.

Repost your log:
  1. Locate a Pastebin type site. Two examples are https://pastebin.com/ or https://paste.ubuntu.com/
  2. Paste the contents of the kodi.log file
  3. Press Paste or Generate or Create New Paste
  4. When the screen refreshes with your paste, copy the entire address in the address bar and paste it into a new message in your thread
Pages: 1 2