Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi Suddenly Outputs a Bad Picture
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So happily using Kodi 17.4 for a while. No stuttering and a brilliant picture. I started watching Wonder Woman last night and the picture was awful. It was like the picture was smearing, the quality had gone and it was skipping frames. I thought at first it could be just the movie, so I tried another film I have watched in the past and it was the same.

So i uninstalled Kodi and did a fresh install and the picture is back to normal. I know I should have taken a debug log before the reinstall. Bit late now.

The PC has not been connected to the internet since I last watched a film so there have been no updates.

So anyone got any ideas? If it does it again i'll get the debug log.
No debug log, nothing to investigate. Smile
(2017-10-15, 14:08)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]No debug log, nothing to investigate. Smile

lol, i know. Watched a film this afternoon and no problems. Hopefully it won't happen again. Very odd though.
Your computer woke up on the wrong side of the bed; sometimes a system reboot is all that is needed (full cold power down, the button in the back ) and should be the first attempt prior to drastic action, next up would be to delete the guisettings.xml and see if some miscreate has been toggled, next on the to-do list would be a posting here with a proper debug log.
(2017-10-15, 18:31)PatK Wrote: [ -> ]Your computer woke up on the wrong side of the bed; sometimes a system reboot is all that is needed (full cold power down, the button in the back ) and should be the first attempt prior to drastic action, next up would be to delete the guisettings.xml and see if some miscreate has been toggled, next on the to-do list would be a posting here with a proper debug log.

OK thanks for the info. I'll do that if it happens again.
Thread marked solved.