Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Setting Default Player/Video Play issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am running the latest 17.3 build on a Pi3. I have several externals mounted and accessible via my network - The library is intact and accessible. The issue is (I believe) my LG E7 tv received an update that communicated its ability to act as a media player to the Kodi, and now I have more than one option to play video files. I use a standard Logitech keyboard to execute commands to the Pi, and prior to the WebOS update on the tv, I could select a show/movie and hit ENTER and the show would play (or ask to resume, if in progress)... NOW, what happens is that the ENTER key will make the sound, but do nothing. From the normal lib view I can right+click and see more options, but none of them will actually start the video.

The ONLY way I can start a video playing, now, is to either browse to the file in File Manager, or get to a sub folder (for serial tv shows) and Right Click - I will then get a "Play Video With..." prompt that shows Default, Kodi Player, WebOS LG TV - At this point I can choose Kodi Player, and the video will start. FTR, I searched for how to set a default player and found no such setting. MMal and Oxm (whatever they are called) are both turned on in the player settings - I have tried toggling those in all positions to no avail.

Can someone help me find a setting, or line of code to alter to make this operate as it always had (select tv show/video) hit enter and play...

EDIT: I shut off all CEC and other mobile/wifi/network controls in my TV, but the option to play to the LG still shows - Even more odd is that with the Pi3 attached to a different monitor, when I choose the LG it still casts the video file to the LG and it starts playing (with no sound). I'm on the verge of starting over, but the difficulty I had getting Covenant (which actually kinda sucks, anyway) installed makes me hesitate...

EDIT 2: I have physically disconnected the LG from the Ethernet and reboot the Pi3. Result is that the behavior is exactly the same, only that (default) and Kodi Player are the only options on the list. I am still forced to drill down to that context menu and choose Kodi Player to get files to play. I have gone through all settings several times and found no way to designate a 'default' player.

EDIT 3: The ONLY way the controls return to normal is to disconnect the Pi3 from the network. As long as its on the network, it 'sees' another device as a possible player and forces me to make a choice before it will play. This of course won't suffice, as my files are all on the NAS...