Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: new add on setting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm making some changes to a pvr addon and have run into an issue.

If I add a setting, I get a kodi restart when the add on initializes and attempts to read the new parameter (which doesn't exist yet...)

I've added code to read/reset the parameter in client.cpp added it to the resource/settings.xml and the us_en strings.po file, but I'm still getting a reset.

Is this procedure documented somewhere?  I see 'CAddonSettings' in the debug log when it's trying to read, and resets, yet when I search this forum for that string, it tells me there's no posts. Undecided

Thanks!
Can you link to the code your using.

Just had to double check some of my assumptions. I have problems with pulling directly into a std:: string using getSettings exported from CHelper_libXBMC_addon. Ive had to use a char[] as the return value, and then set my std:: string to match that if the return value was not "".

Link to your code, and that will give people a chance to see whats happening.
(2017-10-21, 01:23)Fuzzard Wrote: [ -> ]Just had to double check some of my assumptions. I have problems with pulling directly into a std:: string using getSettings exported from CHelper_libXBMC_addon. Ive had to use a char[] as the return value, and then set my std:: string to match that if the return value was not "".

ba-zinga.  That's just the clue-by-4 I needed.  Thank you!