Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Problem with video after Windows 10 Fall Creators 2017 Update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
I can confirm that the Creator's update causes a black screen when switching refreshrates, at least when using an Intel onboard GPU. Reverting to the previous Windows version immediately solved that problem. Updating to the latest Intel GPU driver did not change anything.
When trying out video's to see if all would cause black screens there was one that played allright: a video with a framerate at 24hz, exactly what my default refreshrate was set to. Switching the "adjust display refresh rate" setting to OFF eliminated the black screen for all videos but is off course not the best solution.
I'm using it on a Surface 3 and the Fall update really screwed some stuff up. I also get a black screen when attempting to play any video file. I've found that hitting the "\" key to make the KODI window not fullscreen shows the video. If I "\" to go back to fullscreen, no more video display, just audio. I've done it a few times and around the 3rd time of "\" I will get video playback but then the audio starts becoming choppy and out of sync with the video.

I went into settings and disabled the "match refresh rate" from "On start/stop" to "off" which fixed the issue playing fullscreen videos. Also enabling the "Sync playback to display" also causes issues, so I've had to leave that disabled.

I haven't been home to see what sort of damage the update has done to my HTPC as I've been traveling for work.
(2017-10-25, 19:48)stefive83 Wrote: [ -> ]in my 3 computers that i have never had any problems with massive updates,
i have windows 10 since it came out and i've never made fresh install to avoid updates because it never created problems at least to me.

and Windows 10 does not need to be "finalized". The updating policy does not follow the policy of old operating systems (service packs).
Now windows itself is seen as a "service", so microsoft periodically updates with the same version.
I advise you to update your immense experience.

Again, sure to each their own on their experiences.  I've been using Windows 10 since release as well. I never said fresh install to AVOID updates. Get the iso from microsoft, do a fresh install of latest iteration.

I'll ignore the rest as I was just dumbing down the wording and explanation to those who are having issues and are coming to a forum for help for nothing that has to do with kodi.
I advise you to update your observational skills.

*EDIT* How is it you've never had issues after an upgrade, but here you are asking for help with a problem after an upgrade? The irony....
@all'

Again: Go to System Settings -> Display -> Use fullscreen window and set it OFF

Try this workaround and report here if worked 4 you
(2017-10-26, 01:06)mambro Wrote: [ -> ]@all'

Again: Go to System Settings -> Display -> Use fullscreen window and set it OFF

Fullscreen set to off and everything else enabled results in no more blank screen. However, I can no longer ALT+Tab or CTRL+ALT+DEL or "\" to get to the desktop like before. As it takes Kodi forever and a day to quit/exit out, I'd rather leave everything else unchecked. But it is a work-around.
(2017-10-26, 21:08)Usafle Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-10-26, 01:06)mambro Wrote: [ -> ]@all'

Again: Go to System Settings -> Display -> Use fullscreen window  and set it OFF

Fullscreen set to off and everything else enabled results in no more blank screen.  However, I can no longer ALT+Tab or CTRL+ALT+DEL or "\" to get to the desktop like before.  As it takes Kodi forever and a day to quit/exit out, I'd rather leave everything else unchecked.  But it is a work-around.

Alt + tab worked for me. I can switch to another program
(2017-10-26, 22:33)mambro Wrote: [ -> ]Alt + tab worked for me. I can switch to another program

Just tried it again.  Even my OSD when I toggle to volume up or down using the hardware keys are "hidden" behind the Kodi screen.  Strange....
I've the same problem with an AMD A8-6600k.
After the Fall Creators Update, whenever I play a video there is a Black screen with sound. However, I can play the videos if I set the "Adjust display refresh rate" option to "Off".

Regards.
Kodi 17.5 (with DsPlayer) black screen (with sound) after start a video in fullscreen.

AMD Radeon 17.10.3 with Windows 10 Fall Creators latest.

Log:
https://pastebin.com/3t5ppu0k
Same issue here with two 3121 Intel cpus and HD on board graphic. Yes, enabling real full-screen helps and also Auto update refresh rate must be disabled. For now I am back to 1703 and disabled windows update.

pOpY
Intel has published a new display driver (v 15.47.02.4815, 2017-10-12) that wasn't available yesterday. It solved the problem on my Intel NUC.
I had to install the new driver AFTER updating Windows to 1709. Audio output settings were reset so I had to correct these.
Updated my driver but still have my issue.
Hi Zer0future,
Earlier in this thread you wrote that you have the "adjust refreshrate" to "Always". I have mine set at "Start/Stop", hopefully that will make a difference for you. By the way, did you check that your driver was indeed updated?
I updated the driver before Windows got updated and noticed after the update it had reversed to its former version.
I did verify the driver installed correctly. I will adjust the setting to start/stop and see if it helps. Thanks.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15