Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Linking Tvheadend to Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am running Kodi Krypton on Mageia Linux.  I downloaded the Kodi source from Git, compiled it and it runs O.K.

I then downloaded the tvheadend  source from Git, compiled it according to the instructions, and the files were placed in the Kodi source as they should have been, but the plugin does not show up with the others.  It isn't even mentioned in the Kodi log.  Am I missing a link?  The "repository" for tvheadend is said to be the Git archive, but Kodi won't acknowledge it.  It wants a Zip file, but a zipped download of the git source isn't accepted either.
PVR clients are binary addons and must be compile/built for their respective architectures. On non-Linux platforms, they are provided with Kodi. On Linux platforms they must be separately installed. Generally, the best option is to use your OS/distro's repositories to install these addons.

It doesn't look like Mageia has these packages pre#built, though, so you must compile the, from source yourself.
(2017-10-22, 17:36)rpcameron Wrote: [ -> ]PVR clients are binary addons and must be compile/built for their respective architectures. On non-Linux platforms, they are provided with Kodi. On Linux platforms they must be separately installed. Generally, the best option is to use your OS/distro's repositories to install these addons.

It doesn't look like Mageia has these packages pre#built, though, so you must compile the, from source yourself.
Thanks.  i did that.  Magiea does have packages, but they won't work together.  My download of tvheadend will run on its own, but is not seen by Kodi.
I was referring to the pvr.hts addon in Kodi. This is the middleware that allows Kodi to interact with PVR backends. After you have Tvheadend setup and running, to use it as a PVR backend from within Kodi, you must install the pvr.hts addon. Mageia's online database for packages does not show that they provide it, so you must build this from source yourself.

github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.hts
(2017-10-23, 20:33)rpcameron Wrote: [ -> ]I was referring to the pvr.hts addon in Kodi. This is the middleware that allows Kodi to interact with PVR backends. After you have Tvheadend setup and running, to use it as a PVR backend from within Kodi, you must install the pvr.hts addon. Mageia's online database for packages does not show that they provide it, so you must build this from source yourself.

github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.hts

Thanks.  I just tried the RPMs - Kodi 17.3 and tvheadend 4.0.9.  They worked beautifully together.  From previous problems and bug reports, I didn't expect tvheadend to connect.  My existing config was retained.

The tvheadend package is called tvheadend-4.0.9-1.mga6.  It has a root password, but the old user password was retained.

What I was asking (although I don't need it now) was that having pvr.hts compiled from source, Kodi couldn't find it.  I tried to add the github address as a repository, but it wasn't recognized.

BTW, off-topic but for reference, building Kodi with cmake, almost all dependencies were ignored, and what was left was compiled and presented as a finished product.  Naturally, it wouldn't run. Old reliable autoconf called in all the dependencies.