Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: 5 unstable on Nvidia Shield TV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi there,

Since my Nvidia shield TV updated Kodi last night to 17.5 it becomes unstable and crashed. Tried to reboot but no result.

Later today i'll try to reinstall the app.

Are there other users having the same issue with the Nvidia and Kodi v17.5?

Cheers, Alex
+1
Same too
My device: shield tv
Apparently Kodi 17.5 has become allergic for any devices plugged in, such as FLIRC or the Nvidia remote. Can you guys confirm?
We'll probably need to revert a PR or fix it.
Needs garbear
Will this be fix soon or do i have to downgrade to 17.4 ?
Same problems on the Q10pro ...

Install of alternative nightly builds donĀ“t help.
(2017-10-24, 12:46)aboogerd1982 Wrote: [ -> ]Since my Nvidia shield TV updated Kodi last night to 17.5 it becomes unstable and crashed. Tried to reboot but no result.
Are there other users having the same issue with the Nvidia and Kodi v17.5?

Yep. All sorts of busted. Crashes immediately upon launching.

Any luck with a re-install? Should we wait for a fix? Hate to blow everything away only to have it patched within a few days.
FWIW, I'm experiencing the same as the others. After launch I see the splash screen for 17.5, then it crashes. Original Nvidia Shield TV. Nothing "connected" as such, as someone mentioned earlier, but I do use the remote with it.
Same problem here as well
Same problem for me too Sad
Shield TV 2017 with FLIRC v2
Kodi won't to lauch.

Without le FLIRC it's OK but without my Harmony Sad

Please fix this
I was able to fix the issue by deleting the Kodi application data. This flushed the stored data and cache. After that, the application launched and ran successfully.

Of course, this also removed all previous settings and customizations. Sucks, but at least it's working again.
wich one to chose, arm or arm64?
I have Shield V1 500gb abd 16gb versions.
For the Android users go into Android settings-> apps -> Kodi. I forced the app to kill and cleared the cache. Start the app and it worked again and no settings deleted.

Please let us know if it worked for you.

Cheers, Alex
(2017-10-24, 20:35)aboogerd1982 Wrote: [ -> ]For the Android users go into Android settings-> apps -> Kodi. I forced the app to kill and cleared the cache. Start the app and it worked again and no settings deleted.

Please let us know if it worked for you.

Cheers, Alex
Thanks for the advice, but sadly it did not work for me. I would very much like to not clear out all the data (or do a reinstall) as it takes forever to get the library thumbnails and stuff back in with my library.
Pages: 1 2 3