Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Resolution change from 1920 to 1280 after Power ON TV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Since i moved from Kodi 16 to 17, i noticed that (not everytime) i power off my TV and then Power ON, kodi switch from 1920x1080p to 1280x720 resolution.

Does anybody know why ?

Kodi run on Windows 7, connected through HDMI to my PIONEER AVR 2200 XW. The AVR remain powered ON while TV off.
I had a similar issue, but it was nothing to do with Kodi.

If you are comfortable with the registry, take a look at
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers\Configuration

Under that you will see an entry for each type of screen Windows has 'seen'. On my PC that included a very low resolution monitor I used when I first set it up. For some reason this setting was being used every time it detected there was no 'screen' (i.e. my TV) present. The solution for me was to go through all the entries and make sure that every ActiveSize.cx and PrimSurfSize.cx was set to 1920 (hex 780) and every ActiveSize.cy and PrimSurfSize.cy was set to 1080 (hex 438) - my TV is 1920 x 1080.

Now I don't see any window resizing when I run the PC with the TV off.

When you look at the registry, I expect you'll see some of the settings being 1280x720.

Andy
I have had this issue too and changing the settings as mentioned by AndyHenderson worked for me. However, lately I've been seeing this issue again. Noticed that one cx position was set to 1920 rather than 0. Perhaps that is wat was wrong now. I'll have to wait and see
Hi,

to avoid this, i bought this :

http://monitordetectkiller.com/

Works like a charm. If i had known before... must have !!
I suspect this device is a pin 19 trick displays (wiki) passthrough.

I'll mark this thread solved.
Quite a lot of money for a connector with one pin disabled.... Sigh... as long as you call it a "device" And if it works it works...