Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Beelink Box- Have no idea what to do
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
HELP Huh I’ve bought a beelink box with Kodi on ....PROBLEM IS...I look at numerous tutorials on YouTube showing “ fixes” BUT ...MY Kodi screen looks NOTHING like any of theirs or can I find the same Start Menu...Hence all vids are IMPOSSIBLE to follow....I’m new here and looking for help....WHERE can I go ? As I’m totally Stuff?? I DONT KNOW WHERE TO START can anyone help plz
Hello @Strawb3

I'll guess it is running Android and split and move your post there. Your question has nothing to do with Kodi's Official DRM Stance which is where you posted.

The best place to start is here... http://kodi.wiki/view/First_time_user

And a friendly warning... do not follow the online video tutorials, unless it is the official Kodi channel.
Stay away from youtube kodi ‘tutorials’. They are less then worthless.
Your best course of action imho is to comletely remove the current kodi version and start over. Your issue(s) will most likely disappear.
Thank you both for your advice and help....I could not find any headings or sections to post in, seems a VERY hi tech forum for a simple soul like me ! Lol
For what it's worth, I'm about one page further on in the manual than you ... I bought a Beelink GY1 Ultimate about a month ago, and have successfully got it doing what I want (which is very limited, I mainly use it as a Media player).

So, the first questions for you to answer:

Exact model of Beelink box
Was Kodi pre-installed?
If not, where did you install it from?
Version numbers of Android & Kodi
What do you want to do with the box?
Is it that you have no idea where to start, or have you encountered specific problems?