Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Stay Away From KODI
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Stay away from Kodi.  Its more trouble than its worth and doesn't work over 90% of the time.
Here's what KODI will really do for you:
KODI will show you a list of providers in the hundreds (list) yet will tell you there is "no source available."
KODI will offer you a list of providers in the hundreds, but in actuality, there will only be four or five sources in reality.
KODI will make you scroll down these bogus list of providers until you find one that'll actually works and offer resolution equal to that of off-air tv.
KODI will make full use of its "spinning wheel of insanity" only to revert back to your original highlighted choice of shows and do nothing more.
KODI will show you a prerecorded message instead of the show you chose.
If you want to spend more than a half hour attempting to view a program only to run into the issues stated above then KODI is the program for you.
In summary, KODI is an open-source waste-of-time. There are so many problems you will run into using this program.  There are zero standards for this streaming program and it is evident.  These are only a few of the issues I encounter with KODI on a daily basis.  Everything from installation to the verbiage used in the setup is difficult to understand.  It is not anywhere near ready for the market.  If you are a programmer you'd probably have better luck than I.  My girl refuses to watch anything on KODI because of the time it takes to find a source that can be viewed.  And when it does stream, the quality is less than what is stated (i.e. 1080, etc.).
KODI may frustrate you beyond belief as it did I, so I recommend staying far away from KODI. 
Emerger...
Given you're obviously completely ignorant on what kodi is (it's a media player, we do not provide any media at all let alone all the 3rd party pirated junk you're obviously using) then yes, you're exactly the kind of person we want to avoid Kodi and not use it.

Although quite why you felt the need to register here and post what you have hardly shows you taking your own archive.

I hereby award you post of the day for giving everyone a laugh at your ignorance.
Or, of course, those things might be absolutely nothing to do with Kodi, and instead reflect the quality of the crap piracy addons you've installed? Just maybe?
pure manifest of stupidity, super first post!!
In fact, Kodi offers none of the things you are complaining about. You're taking about the crappy piracy add-on experience, something we neither provide nor support.

Kodi is a media player primarily designed for your local media collection as well as offering LEGAL add-ons in the built-n repository for some legitimate online offerings.

https://kodi.tv/about
@Emerger - thank you for proving that you know nothing about kodi. You can collect your refund on your way out.
Daaang!  
You guys are harsh!  But I don't care because I realize I hit a nerve with you people.
KODI is the worst.  My level of ignorance with this media may show, but I probably represent far more than you folks.
What I said in my post is the truth.  Its nothing but frustrating for me.  You all should be darned proud.  You created something that doesn't work worth a darned.  The program I am running with KODI is Quest Media.  It is crap and I realize that too.  
This is akin to a car dealer selling the frame only and its "buyer beware" as to what engine, suspension, wheels, electronics one puts into it.  There's no recommendation by the car dealer as to what exactly to add on, its only up to you.  "Good luck, chump!" is basically what KODI is saying. 
I still say "Way to go KODI! You've put out a product that is less than all of the rest."
(2017-11-03, 19:42)FXB78 Wrote: [ -> ]Image Cool
How have you hit a nerve with the Kodi community when you don't even know what Kodi really is or how to use it?

Thanks for an entertaining thread at least.
(2017-11-03, 20:00)Emerger Wrote: [ -> ]Daaang!  
You guys are harsh!  But I don't care because I realize I hit a nerve with you people.
KODI is the worst.  My level of ignorance with this media may show, but I probably represent far more than you folks.
What I said in my post is the truth.  Its nothing but frustrating for me.  You all should be darned proud.  You created something that doesn't work worth a darned.  The program I am running with KODI is Quest Media.  It is crap and I realize that too.  
This is akin to a car dealer selling the frame only and its "buyer beware" as to what engine, suspension, wheels, electronics one puts into it.  There's no recommendation by the car dealer as to what exactly to add on, its only up to you.  "Good luck, chump!" is basically what KODI is saying. 
I still say "Way to go KODI! You've put out a product that is less than all of the rest."

What makes you think "Quest Media Build" is a Kodi product? Did you download it from here, no you didn't. By your reasoning you could blame Microsoft for the content being crap because you are running it on their operating system. Clearly you still haven't read about what Kodi actually is, it's a media player, like VLC. Do you go on VLC forums complaining that your media content is crap? Of course you don't, because VLC is simply a Media Player, the same as Kodi. You're just another guy who's watched some garbage on YouTube about "Free TV" and been sucked in, either that or some box-seller has had your pants down for $100 for some crappy chinese android box Smile

Trust me, you have not hit any nerves. The reason this thread is still going is because we find it amusing, probably more so than you (bless).
This made me laugh hard - its so true about illegitimate Kodi users @FXB78
"You're just another guy who's watched some garbage on YouTube about "Free TV" and been sucked in, either that or some box-seller has had your pants down for $100 for some crappy chinese android box Smile"
Ah there is the guy who honked like crazy in that traffic jam i was today. I really wondered why he thinks that honking would help in making it through the 1000th of stuck cars. But i think one must be a certain kind of person to understand it (and the opinion of the OP).

Nope it’s more like buying a car without a sat nav, going to an after market store and getting them to fit some really cheap clone of a brand name sat nav, then after much frustration that the sat nav doesn’t work you return the car to the dealer saying you car is useless because the sat nav doesn’t work.

The car dealer would probably ask:

Did we give you that sat nav?
Did we recommend that sat nav to you?

It’s no to both so not our problem.
Pages: 1 2