Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Converting existing MP4 metadata to .NFO files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have several hundred movies that have custom metadata attached. My preference is for Kodi to use this metadata rather than trying to scrap it. I've read on the Wiki that the only way to do this is via generation of .nfo files, however I cannot seem to find a piece of software that can do this. I've had a look at Emby, but I can't seem to get it to recognise the existing metadata. Note: any software would have to work on Windows.

Ideally, I would like some way I could automate this via batch scripts as well, but if that's it isn't a *huge* priority.

Any help is appreciated.
Hello RedactedRetracted

As you have discovered, Kodi does not support embedded metadata in video files. It does support it for music files.

Creating nfo files is an option but, in no way, will it be extracting embedded data from your files. If you would like to read up on them click the NFO Files link in my signature below. The import/export link may also be of some value to you.

This question was asked only a few days ago... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...t=embedded
This should be easy to do via a script. Pyexiftool extracts metadata which you can then write as xml.