Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: WTV files visible in Videos, but not in Recordings. Why?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Kodi 17.4 on Windows, TVH backend.
Have some recordings (.wtv files) made by WMC. Pointing Kodi's video library at them works just fine, and they show up under TV Shows as well. However, if I copy them into the RecordedTV directory on the TVH server, they don't show up at all under Recordings. Is there something else I need to do? They are not greatly different to the .ts files that TVH records (they are just MPEG-2 streams) and Kodi does know how to play them.

EDIT: noticed that TVH can't see them either (according to its web interface) so the problem may lie there. I'll follow up in TVH's forums.
Tvheadend reads the data about recorded programs from its own DVR log files. If TVH did not create the recording, it generally won't know about the file. While you can technically create these log files yourself so TVH will see the, when it starts up next time (they're only read at startup), TVH really doesn't support importing recording.
Thought as much. Kodi can see them under TV shows, so it's no big deal.