Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Visualisations with good beat detection?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello there.

When it comes to kodi and Visualisations.  There is not much in the way of good beat detection.  Back in the days of Winamp.  There was a lot of very good visualisations that took great pains to get beat detection right.  Plugins like "TripX" and "R4" along with I think "Gloom" and "Milkdrop1" had a lot of customization to let the end use tweak things as needed. 

But today.  Kodi music visualisations are slim pickings right now.  And from what I can tell.  None of them are any good at beat detection at all.  Now don't get me wrong.  I love the way my current system plays music when in fullscreen visualisations mode.  I am using the Aeon MQ mk5 skin on Krypton 17.5 With the "Artist Slideshow" merged with "Milkdrop2".  It looks great.  But I am forever craving that 'if only it would just detect that beat'.

So my question is.  Is it on the road map at all?  Is it something that the DEVS even care about?

Its not a deal breaker if it is not.  Kodi is still the king when it comes to media players.  The work that the skinners do is just amazing.  But like a little kid in the candy store.  I Am hoping for just one more sweetie ;-)

Keep up the fine work.

Oddsodz
It is not a deal breaker, but i wish that silly users posting silly requests quoting closed source software from the early 2000's stopped posting in the developer forums. ;P
Moved as this is not a development question.
(2017-11-07, 07:27)spiff Wrote: [ -> ]It is not a deal breaker, but i wish that silly users posting silly requests quoting closed source software from the early 2000's stopped posting in the developer forums. ;P

A Better response would have been.  "Hey dude.,  This is not the right place to ask that.  But if you go over there,  you may get an answer."  There was no need to insult me at all.  No wonder Kodi is having a hard time in the press if that is the kind of attitude the KODI Dev team has going right now.

And to the mod who moved it.  This is a not the right forum category for this as "music visualisations" are not screen savers.  And that is why I asked in the RIGHT Place that was labeled "Visualisations".

But oh well.
I have answered exactly like that since 2004 so it is nothing new Wink why so serious, i played a bit with your statement was all.

There is lots of truth there though. Since those vizes were closed source they are lost for eternity and there is nothing that can be done. md1/2 is simply fed the audio data and beat detection etc should be there if it ever was there..
Could try shadertoy from popcornmix

https://github.com/popcornmix/repository...master.zip
I’d love to see a vector scope visualisation that does multichannel audio like this vintage quad receiver from the 70s (playing a quad tape):

I’ve got info on how that is displayed and currently looking at how to emulate this in Kodi.
Oh WOw,  Now here is a stick in your mud for that.  Do you think you can pull it off for "ATMOS/DTS:X" receivers?  That would be EPIC on an EPIC SCALE
Actually... the RabidHamster developer is registered on this forum somewhere Wink

I remember trying to convince him to port but it had something to do with not supporting OpenGl back then.
I join this request, the bpm detection does not work correctly.