Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [split] Audio stutter problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, I'm having trouble pinpointing the source of this audio problem. In Unity 5.3, we have no audio problems. But after upgrading to 5.4, the audio in our game will periodically start to heavily stutter and slow down, as if starved of CPU or something like that.

The profiler graphs between 5.3 and 5.4 for the audio in our game look basically identical, as does the Game pane's Stats panel, and the game's overall framerate seems basically the same. Nothing out of the ordinary is going on in the Audio Mixer pane that I can see, either. And yet we get periods of heavy audio stutter in 5.4 that we never got in 5.3!

These stutter periods seem to come and go, lasting a couple minutes, then healing themselves for another five minutes... then coming back later. During a stutter period, ALL audio painfully stutters and slows down (!)

Setting all sounds to pure-2D or to pure-3D doesn't affect this problem, and when it happens, it affects all sounds and music, regardless of their compression method, quality, or load type.

I am at my wit's end trying to fix this, or at least understand why it would possibly happen. Does anyone have ideas on where else to look? Or perhaps have experienced similar audio problems when upgrading to 5.4?

123 HP Setup 3830
(2017-11-09, 13:12)hpenvy Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all, I'm having trouble pinpointing the source of this audio problem. In Unity 5.3, we have no audio problems. But after upgrading to 5.4, the audio in our game will periodically start to heavily stutter and slow down, as if starved of CPU or something like that.

The profiler graphs between 5.3 and 5.4 for the audio in our game look basically identical, as does the Game pane's Stats panel, and the game's overall framerate seems basically the same. Nothing out of the ordinary is going on in the Audio Mixer pane that I can see, either. And yet we get periods of heavy audio stutter in 5.4 that we never got in 5.3!

These stutter periods seem to come and go, lasting a couple minutes, then healing themselves for another five minutes... then coming back later. During a stutter period, ALL audio painfully stutters and slows down (!)

Setting all sounds to pure-2D or to pure-3D doesn't affect this problem, and when it happens, it affects all sounds and music, regardless of their compression method, quality, or load type.

I am at my wit's end trying to fix this, or at least understand why it would possibly happen. Does anyone have ideas on where else to look? Or perhaps have experienced similar audio problems when upgrading to 5.4?

123 HP Setup 3830
Are you posting in the right place?  When I read your post I see "Unity" and "Game" mentioned.  You have posted this in the KODI Media Player support, under the Microsoft Windows section.

I guess your Google Search failed...
(2017-11-09, 13:12)hpenvy Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all, I'm having trouble pinpointing the source of this audio problem.
Please provide us with a full debug log (wiki), so we can ascertain the basics of your computer.

Also, please remove the "123 HP Setup 3830" link in your signature. We are not here to promote HP hardware.