Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Fixed Focus for multiple widgets on the home page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Friends I am trying to modify The Titan BETA skin. I posted some questions and a feature request on the Titan page but am not getting any answers thought I would include you guys see if you can help me come up with a code tweak. What I want to do is create a fixed focus for all widgets on the home page. I have the widgets set to fixed focus to keep the highlighted tile all the way to the left is it possible to have the focused tile fixed to to top row when there are multiple widgets on the home page as well this is how Netflix behaves it has 2 rows the highlighted tile stays stationary on the first tile on the top row. The lower row just moves up to the top row when pushing down and so on and so forth. It's a minor difference but trying to set it up to work as close as possible to the Android Tv version of Netflix. I'm not a coder but can fumble my way through the files and change or add code as instructed so any help from the pros would be much appreciated thanks.
Can anyone at least point me in the right direction what folder to look in and what line in the code to modify? I really am a novice and this is a bit overwhelming searching through all the lines of code. It's a feature I really want though and am determined to make it work some how.
(2017-11-10, 15:31)cscott1 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Friends I am trying to modify The Titan BETA skin. I posted some questions and a feature request on the Titan page but am not getting any answers thought I would include you guys see if you can help me come up with a code tweak. What I want to do is create a fixed focus for all widgets on the home page. I have the widgets set to fixed focus to keep the highlighted tile all the way to the left is it possible to have the focused tile fixed to to top row when there are multiple widgets on the home page as well this is how Netflix behaves it has 2 rows the highlighted tile stays stationary on the first tile on the top row. The lower row just moves up to the top row when pushing down and so on and so forth. It's a minor difference but trying to set it up to work as close as possible to the Android Tv version of Netflix. I'm not a coder but can fumble my way through the files and change or add code as instructed so any help from the pros would be much appreciated thanks.

what you have done so far is exactly what im looking for is any way you could share the code for this or point me in the direction too achieve this ... thanks in advance
(2017-11-14, 04:43)Gtmnyc Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-11-10, 15:31)cscott1 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Friends I am trying to modify The Titan BETA skin. I posted some questions and a feature request on the Titan page but am not getting any answers thought I would include you guys see if you can help me come up with a code tweak. What I want to do is create a fixed focus for all widgets on the home page. I have the widgets set to fixed focus to keep the highlighted tile all the way to the left is it possible to have the focused tile fixed to to top row when there are multiple widgets on the home page as well this is how Netflix behaves it has 2 rows the highlighted tile stays stationary on the first tile on the top row. The lower row just moves up to the top row when pushing down and so on and so forth. It's a minor difference but trying to set it up to work as close as possible to the Android Tv version of Netflix. I'm not a coder but can fumble my way through the files and change or add code as instructed so any help from the pros would be much appreciated thanks.

what you have done so far is exactly what im looking for is any way you could share the code for this or point me in the direction too achieve this ... thanks in advance 

There is an option within the widgets settings for forced focus to keep the selection tile on the first tile still hoping someone will help me keep it focused to the first row when there are multiple widgets on the home page.
This must be in the 17 skin as I have heavily modded titan from 16 and transferred to 17.. so it's just in the settings within skinsetting you didn't alter the xml
Essentially you want the rows to move up vertically and wrap around horizontally. I would think a wrap-list would achieve this but I don't think by doing it that way you could have multiple rows in view. Somebody with better knowledge than me could probably confirm. Actually it might already be a wrap-list, I've not looked too much into it. I can see it is located in "IncludesHomeWidgets.xml" but I don't have the time to try and figure it all out Smile
(2017-11-14, 16:41)Gtmnyc Wrote: [ -> ]This must be in the 17 skin as I have heavily modded titan from 16 and transferred to 17.. so it's just in the settings within skinsetting you didn't alter the xml
(2017-11-14, 16:41)Gtmnyc Wrote: [ -> ]This must be in the 17 skin as I have heavily modded titan from 16 and transferred to 17.. so it's just in the settings within skinsetting you didn't alter the xml
No I didn't alter the xml for that just some visual tweaks Im not sure if it is in the skin settings of 17 Im using 18 already but I would say probably so.
(2017-11-14, 16:50)FXB78 Wrote: [ -> ]Essentially you want the rows to move up vertically and wrap around horizontally. I would think a wrap-list would achieve this but I don't think by doing it that way you could have multiple rows in view. Somebody with better knowledge than me could probably confirm. Actually it might already be a wrap-list, I've not looked too much into it. I can see it is located in "IncludesHomeWidgets.xml" but I don't have the time to try and figure it all out Smile

Yes, exactly there are already optional functions within the skin to do just that not sure what the exact terminology is though as I'm at work and not near my hub to look it up. I wish I had the know how to figure out how to have multiple widgets in view and keep the selection tile fixed to the top row but me too dumb :-(
(2017-11-14, 18:30)cscott1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-11-14, 16:50)FXB78 Wrote: [ -> ]Essentially you want the rows to move up vertically and wrap around horizontally. I would think a wrap-list would achieve this but I don't think by doing it that way you could have multiple rows in view. Somebody with better knowledge than me could probably confirm. Actually it might already be a wrap-list, I've not looked too much into it. I can see it is located in "IncludesHomeWidgets.xml" but I don't have the time to try and figure it all out Smile

Yes, exactly there are already optional functions within the skin to do just that not sure what the exact terminology is though as I'm at work and not near my hub to look it up. I wish I had the know how to figure out how to have multiple widgets in view and keep the selection tile fixed to the top row but me too dumb :-( 

its defo not in the widget xml as a wraplist.. can you tell me where to find the 18 skin if i can see the code i can write it into the skin.. what  you are looking to do from  where you are will be pretty easy from where you are.
https://github.com/marcelveldt/repositor...-1.0.1.zip

Here ya go I sure would appreciate if you can figure it out.
If you are tweaking the actual code, you could find the control group for the widgets, then you could create animations with conditions to slide the widgets when they are focused.
Thank you I hope that helps someone find and write the code tweak but for me I really don't understand what that means and even if I could find that line I wouldn't know what to change it to without exact instructions. I wish I could learn Python but it's hard to teach this old dog new tricks. It's like another language or worse like math with formulas and values and whatnot I'm trying to learn little by little and going into the code and making these spoon fed tweaks help but I'm nowhere near to the point of going in and experimenting without breaking something. I'm still hoping someone takes pity on me and says add this line here or change this line to that.

edit*** After googling animations I think I understand what it is and the behavior is already written into the code somewhere because when you scroll down and get to the bottom widget on the home page and continue scrolling down the next widget slides up into view I'm guessing that is the animation. There has to be a way of bypassing or disabling the action of the focused selection tile moving down between the widgets in view and just have it default to the sliding up animation instead?