Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Android TV connecting to Mac
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm just starting to use Kodi, and I feel like this is a dumb question but I can't figure it out...

I first downloaded Kodi on my Mac to try it out, add files, etc.  Now I'm adding the app to my Sony TV.  How do I tell the TV to look to my Mac for all the files?  Everything is wired to my network, and my files are on an external HDD connected to my Mac.  I googled but couldn't figure out how to phrase it to find the answer.  I'm probably missing something obvious...
Thank you!
(2017-11-10, 20:32)Dangelus Wrote: [ -> ]Start here:

http://kodi.wiki/view/File_sharing

Thanks for the link! I chose unpnp as it sounded like what I wanted. I was able to find my movies, but instead of them being under the Movies section, I had to go to Videos and then drill down several layers. Is this how it should be? They played fine, but less user friendly, especially for the family. Also, does Kodi need to be running on my computer?
My TV shows are not all showing up correctly so I'll need to troubleshoot that too.
Thanks again!
you don't need to run kodi on mac if you want to use it on your TV.
And don't use upnp if you want all the fetures from kodi. Set up some propper share. Not sure waht shoud be best with mac.
Thanks for the help! Anyone else know what would work better than upnp to connect? I want to get the movies in the movies section of Kodi not down in videos. Thanks!