Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi with Multiple Displays
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Running Linux (Fedora 26, DWM - dynamic window manager) using a single GTX 1070 with 3x displayport attached to 3x Dell U2415.  I'm using nvidia-settings to configure the adapter and displays, here's the relevant settings from xorg:

Code:

Section "Monitor"

# HorizSync source: edid, VertRefresh source: edid
    Identifier     "Monitor0"
    VendorName     "Unknown"
    ModelName      "DELL U2415"
    HorizSync       30.0 - 83.0
    VertRefresh     49.0 - 61.0
    Option         "DPMS"
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier     "Device0"
    Driver         "nvidia"
    VendorName     "NVIDIA Corporation"
    BoardName      "GeForce GTX 1070"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
    Identifier     "Screen0"
    Device         "Device0"
    Monitor        "Monitor0"                                                                                                                                                                 
    DefaultDepth    24                                                                                                                                                                        
    Option         "Stereo" "0"                                                                                                                                                               
    Option         "nvidiaXineramaInfoOrder" "DFP-6"                                                                                                                                          
    Option         "metamodes" "DP-4: nvidia-auto-select +1920+0, DP-0: nvidia-auto-select +0+0, DP-2: nvidia-auto-select +3840+0"                                                            
    Option         "SLI" "Off"                                                                                                                                                                
    Option         "MultiGPU" "Off"                                                                                                                                                           
    Option         "BaseMosaic" "off"                                                                                                                                                         
    SubSection     "Display"                                                                                                                                                                  
        Depth       24                                                                                                                                                                        
    EndSubSection                                                                                                                                                                             
EndSection                    

When running Kodi, it defaults to the left monitor (which is not primary).  My goal is to move Kodi to the right monitor.  I've tried the following:

1.  Use backslash to switch kodi to windowed mode and drag it.  I cannot do this, as soon as the mouse gets close, it seems to go "into" kodi.  There is no window border to grab.  With my window manager normally I can press meta+left click to drag, but kodi seems to capture the keystroke preventing me from dragging.  Is there some way to accomplish dragging/moving using dwm that anyone is familiar with?

2. Going into kodi settings and specifying a separate monitor.  After switching to the right monitor ("DP-2") Kodi correctly moves to the right-most monitor (yay!).  Unfortunately all of the fonts immediately turn into blocky glyphs of some type and I'm unable to accept the configuration or read the screen.  After a few moments it reverts back to the left-most monitor and retains the same appearance.  Here's a link to a screenshot.  Does anyone know what's causing this?  This would be the IDEAL solution, to just set the appropriate monitor in the configuration so it would just automatically open here in the future.

3.  Using xdotool to move the window.  I can only move Kodi on the Y axis for some reason.  Moving it on the X axis has no effect.  So I can only move it up or down, not right, to the appropriate monitor.

I've also tried switching to fvwm.  I'm able to press "\" to get into windowed mode and drag it to the right-most monitor.  However, when I press \ to full screen it again, it simply moves back to the left most monitor in full screen.