Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Movie Set order
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,
I have a few movie sets (Star Wars for instance) but the preview list show them in descending date order. See the screenshot from the list of movies sets.

Inside this movie set, I am able to sort the movies in any order (file name, date, custom etc.) as one can see on the other screenshot :
However, regardless of the order I set the movies, the preview list never changes. Is there a way to modify it ?

Thank you,
Mat
That is likely something hardcoded by the skin.
The list probably just needs a sortby tag. Something like this:
Code:
<content sortorder="ascending" sortby="year">videodb://movies/sets/$INFO[ListItem.DBID]/</content>
Hello Gade,
Where am I supposed to enter this line ? In the advancedsetting.xml file ? In NFO ?
Thanks,
Mat
(2017-11-12, 10:03)Gade Wrote: [ -> ]The list probably just needs a sortby tag. Something like this:
Code:
<content sortorder="ascending" sortby="year">videodb://movies/sets/$INFO[ListItem.DBID]/</content>
Hi Mat.

Depends which skin you're using?
Default Estuary?
Yes, I am using the default Estuary skin.
How exactly do you navigate to the first image in your first post?
To get to the first image in my first post, I just click on the left "Movie" button on the Kodi home screen. It then displays the list of all my movies (display option : large covers (not sure of the exact English option name)). The "movie sets" feature must also be enabled in the video library options.
It's a hard-coded thing AFAIK. The same descending year items list thing happens with artists' albums in the music section.
This 'bug' has already been pointed out earlier, but apparently not deemed important enough to be put at the top of the priorities list.
Ok, thank for your reply
I took a look at Estuary, and the sortorder in your screenshot is hardcoded.

For some reason, the movie set list is in descending order, where I definately would prefer an ascending order.

To change it manually, find your Kodi install folder/addons/skin.estuary/xml/View_51_Poster.xml and open it in a text editor.

Find this code:
Code:
<include content="InfoList">
       <param name="bottom" value="0" />
       <param name="sortby" value="year" />
       <param name="sortorder" value="descending" />
       <param name="font" value="font13" />
</include>
In Estuary for Kodi Leia, it's from line 84, so I'd look somewhere around those lines.

Change those lines to this:
Code:
<include content="InfoList">
       <param name="bottom" value="0" />
       <param name="sortby" value="year" />
       <param name="sortorder" value="ascending" />
       <param name="font" value="font13" />
</include>

Save the file, reload the skin or restart Kodi. That's it.

Remember, that each time you install a new version of Kodi, the custom edits are overwritten.
I'm gonna try this out tonight. Thanks for your help!
It's working great with the Windows software !

Unfortunately, I didn't find such file for the android app (Kodi 17.5 20171024-3ce9774). I have enabled the display of hidden files with my android file explorer, but no luck...
Do you know if a different file exists for Android, or if I should create the Skin.estuary folder + copy the xml file ?
Great that it's working.

Sorry, I have no idea about Android.
(2017-11-15, 19:19)mat4444 Wrote: [ -> ]Do you know if a different file exists for Android, or if I should create the Skin.estuary folder + copy the xml file ?
They should be the same files in Android, but the system folder for Kodi is in a different location.
If you're planning on making more skin changes, I suggest you make a copy of the Estuary skin folder, and place it in the .kodi/addons folder under a (slightly) different name. You will also need to edit the addon.xml file in the new skin folder to change the internal name of that skin copy, so as to not confuse Kodi with identical skin names.
Pages: 1 2