Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: kodi tv go apps
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
seeing that channels like discovery channel has a go app for android can the discovery channel go app be ran on kodi?

i have tried some of the repositories like (banned plugin removed) but it does not carry (banned plugin removed) so i had to install (banned plugin removed) to get the (banned plugin removed) only to find the selection of the discovery shows is limited.

i would love to be able to run discovery go app for android on kodi.
Just install the android app you want to run and it should show up under Add-ons->Android apps . Just click on it and Kodi will launch it. You will need a valid cable ID and password for most "Go" apps.
You should probably read the piracy policy (wiki) as well, as your initial choice was a banned addon (wiki) repo.
sorry for mentioning the banned stuff so you mods can edit my post to remove the mentions of the banned plugins.
You can edit it yourself.
thanks i did not realize i can edit once it has been replied to most forums dont allow user edits once topic has been replied to.
i was also wondering is the mac and windows versions of kodi emulate android enough that so the google play store apps will load without using the sketchy side loading*?

* sketchy because it is not the official way to load apps and if it is a banned method please let me know
No, the only version that has such app linkage is android.
you mean that only android hardware supports android apps?

how about if kodi is put on android device then will the app run in kodi?

is there a legal discovery go app that will run on kodi?
Only android hardware supports android apps (at least directly and useable in this sense) and only kodi android supports starting external apps directly (aside from external players).

The apps don't run in kodi, basically Kodi backgrounds itself and hands over to the app, and takes over again when it finishes. It acts as a launcher basically.

I have no idea if there is a discovery go app. Try your favourite search engine for that.