Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Where is the bit rate Process ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As the title suggests , how can I view  the current bit rate process of the video im watching ? I am using Kodi 18 on nvidia shield but couldn't find this option on the video OSD, and neither in the playback settings. Im on Estuary mod v2 skin.

Also for smooth playback is one supposed to enable  "Adjust display refresh rate " and "Sync playback to display" ? 
I playback both 4k blu-ray and 1080p on kodi, if that makes a difference.
Press o on your keyboard. Or it might be ctrl-shift o.

You don't need sync to display unless your screen doesn't do all the needed refresh rates.
Its not windows im using Nvidia Shield no keyboard just a shield remote.
You have to assign a button to any function using the Keymap Editor to find out the button ID, then edit the gen.xml to show playerdebug, as shown in this thread https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2465138

For example go to Keymap Editor/FullScreenVideo and assign a key to Play, then go in and edit out the word play with the word playerdebug.

Not easy to explain really but it does work Smile
(2017-11-12, 00:16)FXB78 Wrote: [ -> ]You have to assign a button to any function using the Keymap Editor to find out the button ID, then edit the gen.xml to show playerdebug, as shown in this thread https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2465138

For example go to Keymap Editor/FullScreenVideo and assign a key to Play, then go in and edit out the word play with the word playerdebug.

Not easy to explain really but it does work Smile

Why default Kodi Estuary skin dosn't have button on video OSD to show all video informations same like in Rapier skin ? This should be added as soon as possible. I also use KODI most on Shield TV and do not have keyboard to press "O" or "Ctrl+Shift+O" to display that information. best way to have button on OSD.
Kodi's primary user group has no idea what the values provided with ctrl shift o mean and therefore it's of no use to them. Those that know it, can easily map a button.
mapping a button is not good idea for remotes like remote from Android TV boxes like Nvidia Shield TV, MiBox etc, there is no enough buttons on remotes to map antything.
Much better is option to display that informations from Video OSD like in "Rapier" skin. Estuary also should get that option.
Kodi is advanced video player and should have option to display video informations for anyone, even simple players like PowerDVD have audio/video options about bitrate, audio codec output etc. 
I know that you want to be KODI clean, simple on default, but adding button on OSD will be only on plus, this should be placed like in Rapier skin under "Information" on OSD where is: General Information, Technical information, Debug information.
Please consider this. Thank you.