Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV audio goes out of Sync
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

Having issues with Audio and video going out of sync over time when watching live TV. 

Running Raspberry Pie II, Kodi 17.5, ServerWmc 1.0.0.62 Build 1240.  HDHomerun Pro with Comcast Cable Card.

Usually leave  the TV on channel 638 Fox News HD and it will always go out of sync after 5 - 30 minutes.  Stopping the play and re selecting the channel will get it back in sync but not for long.

Thanks in advance for your help,

GaryA
Not sure what is going on here. For an experiment, on the debug tab of swmc - temporarily - turn off the deletion of temporary files. Then play a live tv stream on this channel. After it goes out of sync stop the playback, and look in the tempswmc folder and you should see a .ts file there. This is the file kodi is playing for the live stream. Try playing the file back in kodi and I assume you'll see the audio go out of sync. If it does, try playing it back in kodi on another platform like windows, also maybe try playing it in vlc and see if goes out of sync there.
Krusty,

I captured the files and they played back fine and IN SYNC using VLC and WMP.

I have 4 Pi devices as STBs and two were viewing the same live TV channel 638 Fox News HD and both went out of sync at the same time. they also appear to be sharing the same tuner when viewing the ServerWMC console.

Thanks for your assistance.
I had the same issues. Try software decoding and play around with deinterlacing settings.
My be a clue, But been watching for the past hour with only one kodi Pi running and the channel has satyed in sync
Have you tried having kodi play the ts file directly to see if goes out of sync?  Also you should experiment with what @fuqit suggests, especially the software decoding part.
Morning update and question.

Well it is not related to more then one Pi's watching the same channel.  Went out of sysc with just one running.

Have not tried playing a .ts file directly but may try it later.

What might be the big clue is that once is that the video continues to progressively lag the audio by minutes. Set one TV using the cable company's STB and one in the next room on Kodi Pi.  Sound stayed in sync between the two rooms but the kodi video lagged progressively longer.

Ok, I'm a dummy ... where do I find " software decoding and play around with deinterlacing settings.? "
How you find it is somewhat dependent on the version of kodi that you using.  But in general go to kodi's settings and choose video.  Then make sure advanced or expert mode is chosen so you can see more options, they you should see it under 'render' or 'decoding'.
I was able to disable the hardware MMAL and OMXPlayer and it seems like it did stop the out of sync problem for the 2 hours I watched after making the chang but the picture quality was so poor, with stuttering of the video I turned MMAL back on again and living with the sync problem.

Running a  Pie II with Kodi 17.5 and did not see any where I could adjust deinterlacing  in the expert or advanced modes
Did you try just disabling one or the other, rather than both?
" Did you try just disabling one or the other, rather than both? "

yes.

With bot disabled audio stayed in sync but video quality poor and stuttering.

OmxPlayer  stayed in sync  but audio would stop playing altogether after a while requiring stopping and re-selecting  the TV for audio to work again

MMAL - audio would go out of sync requiring stopping and re-selecting  the TV for audio to work again
Deinterlacing options are adjusted during playback. While watching a DVR recording or live TV, bring up the menu and select settings in the bottom right corner. Select Video Settings. You can adjust from there. Hope that helps.
(2017-11-16, 19:54)sbthomas Wrote: [ -> ]Deinterlacing options are adjusted during playback. While watching a DVR recording or live TV, bring up the menu and select settings in the bottom right corner. Select Video Settings. You can adjust from there. Hope that helps.

Big help THANKS.  

Any suggestions on what to try?
Nope :-) I have a similar setup with 2 raspberry pi 3 running libre elec. However, I rarely use liveTV except for sometime watching football on the weekends but haven't noticed any out of sync issues. What distro is on the pi and what version?
Raspberry Pie II, OSMC Kodi 17.5

Turned de-interlacing off and the sound has been in sync for the past hour.

Let's see if it stays that wqy.

Thanks every one for your help!
Pages: 1 2