Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Kodi Krypton 17.5] Default vizualization
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I have a question about what is displayed on the screen during music playback (default skin).

I first used the default configuration. In this case, when playing music, after a few minutes the screen gets black, then when a new track starts the corresponding info is briefly displayed. When one hits OK the OSD menu appears and one can play/pause/stop.

Then I tried the 'Spectrum' vizualization. The behavior is exactly the same, except of course that the black screen is replaced by the animated 3D video.

Then I switched off the vizualisation, but the behavior changed. Instead of the black screen, the screen is dimmed, the display stays on the current interface page, and the OSD menu never appears again.

How do I restore the default configuration ?
Try turning off the screensaver dim option in the settings.
I tried what you say but it doesn't work, the display stays the same forever and no OSD.

It really looks like a bug:
- I activated the Spectrum vizualization again, and it works: after the specified time the vizualization comes full screen, and one click leads to the OSD
- I switched off the vizualization, no OSD
- I made a backup of my userdata, and reinstalled Kodi completely: the default configuration is indeed no vizualization +automatic OSD after a few minutes
- I restored my userdata and got the same problem again Sad

It seems that once one has activated some video vizualization, there is no way to restore the default setting with no vizualization and automatic OSD.