Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: For some folders in SMB share, KODI displays only some of the files and folders
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently purchased a TV BOX, the H96 Pro+, with the intention of using it to run KODI.

The box came with KODI installed but, to play it safe, I uninstalled that one and installed it again from the Google Play store, and thus updated it to 17.5. Everything went well, and KODI was able to play all the files I hoped it would on that box, but I ran into a strange problem.

I have a share on a Windows 10 machine where I store all my media files. This share contains, among other things, a folder where I keep all my TV shows, and a folder where I keep all my movies. In the TV show folder, I have one sub-folder for each TV show, and then sub-folders inside those as needed. When I tried to add the TV show folder as a video source, I noticed that KODI was only showing 30 folders out of a total of 54 folders. I added the source anyway and had it scan and, when it was done, I found that only 30 TV shows had been added. It seems that KODI is completely incapable of seeing any folders past the first 30.

With the movie folder, I have the same problem.

Searching on this forum for information on this issue, the most relevant threads I found advised to check the configuration of the Samba shares. I don't think that is my problem because I use KODI on a small PC with Windows 8.1 and a tablet with Windows 10, and in those devices KODI can read every media file in the Samba share. The issue appears to be confined to the Android TV BOX.

I activated debug logging and placed a copy of the log here: http://paste.ubuntu.com/25957688/

I tried reading it, but I did not find anything that provided an obvious hint as to what the problem is. If anyone with experience in interpreting KODI debug logs can take a lot at it, I'll be very grateful.