Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [SOLVED]Mediasources and sources not saved (path substitution)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

Yesterday I updated Kodi on my AppleTV 4/iPad Air 2 to version 17.5 (kodi-20171024-b184048-yab-tvos.deb and org.xbmc.kodi-ios_17.5-0_iphoneos-arm64.deb). I was on v17.3 for some months.
I use it with a MySQL database to sync through my different devices. Configured different path substitutions in de advancedsettings.xml file (see here) This worked for years, but now my sources.xml and mediasources.xml are overwritten and they are empty. When adding any source from within Kodi doesn't change anything. When I get out of the menu and go back, everything I added is gone. Also after a restart of Kodi.
Did something change that I wasn't aware of? Is there any solution?

Thank you!

PS: All files are located on a Synology DS412+ and the MySQL server runs on it (didn't change any file/folder permission in the last few months)
Tried it from a computer and it's the same behavior...
To test I deleted my "sources.xml" and "mediasources.xml" from my network drive

"advancedsettings.xml" settings:
Code:
    <pathsubstitution>
        <substitute>
            <from>special://profile/sources.xml</from>
            <to>nfs://192.168.1.101/volume1/XBMCmedia/sources.xml</to>
        </substitute>

<substitute>
            <from>special://profile/mediasources.xml</from>
            <to>nfs://192.168.1.101/volume1/XBMCmedia/mediasources.xml</to>
        </substitute>
<pathsubstitution>
So I added new video sources in Kodi.
Image Image

I see that the file "sources.xml" is created on the remote drive (permissions on NAS are OK), but there's nothing in the file. (even not after closing Kodi) The file remains 0KB.

Does anyone knows how to solve this?

Thank you a lot!
debug log (wiki)
(2017-11-22, 20:21)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]debug log (wiki)
Sorry, obvious very important :-)
Here it is: https://paste.ubuntu.com/26026699/
That log is from kodi on windows ...
(2017-11-23, 18:50)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]That log is from kodi on windows ...
Yes, I found out that I have the same behavior on any device... Maybe the thread is in the wrong forum section...
I'll reproduce all the steps again tomorrow from the AppleTV 4.
(2017-11-24, 05:16)Saidou Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-11-23, 18:50)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]That log is from kodi on windows ...
Yes, I found out that I have the same behavior on any device... Maybe the thread is in the wrong forum section...
I'll reproduce all the steps again tomorrow from the AppleTV 4.  
Couldn't wait... Here's the ATV4 log: http://paste.ubuntu.com/26031922/
(2017-11-24, 14:47)danielbryan001 Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't see any improvment here. can anyone help me.
Quote:11:10:22.691 T:12904   ERROR: CNFSFile::Open: Unable to open file : '//mediasources.xml' error : 'open call failed with "NFS: ACCESS denied. Required access rw-. Allowed access ---"'
11:11:01.456 T:12904   ERROR: CNFSFile::Open: Unable to open file : '//sources.xml' error : 'open call failed with "NFS: ACCESS denied. Required access rw-. Allowed access ---"'
So a permissions issue on your server.  No clue how to fix that, as I don't use nfs.  Sticking the error in google throws up a few results.
(2017-11-24, 15:14)trogggy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-11-24, 14:47)danielbryan001 Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't see any improvment here. can anyone help me.
Quote:11:10:22.691 T:12904   ERROR: CNFSFile::Open: Unable to open file : '//mediasources.xml' error : 'open call failed with "NFS: ACCESS denied. Required access rw-. Allowed access ---"'
11:11:01.456 T:12904   ERROR: CNFSFile::Open: Unable to open file : '//sources.xml' error : 'open call failed with "NFS: ACCESS denied. Required access rw-. Allowed access ---"'
So a permissions issue on your server.  No clue how to fix that, as I don't use nfs.  Sticking the error in google throws up a few results. 
OK, thanks for your reply.
First I tried to adjust NFS settings on my NAS, but that didn't help. I then removed the Shared Volume from my NAS and created a new one with the same name. Now everything is saved again.