Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Rpi2 pause question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
While viewing a video on the default theme, when I pause, I'd like the screen to not show anything on the display. Just the paused frame. Is that possible?
That's up to the Kodi skin you are using. Some skins have options to display less info, I don't know of any skins displaying absolutely nothing. It is not impossible, but it will require some handywork on the skin itself.
(2017-11-15, 08:56)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]That's up to the Kodi skin you are using. Some skins have options to display less info, I don't know of any skins displaying absolutely nothing. It is not impossible, but it will require some handywork on the skin itself.
Ok. But there's also no way to know which ones do permit customising of the OSD without downloading them one by one, right? I just hate having other skins on there taking up space that I won't use.
(2017-11-15, 09:01)tinpanalley Wrote: [ -> ] just hate having other skins on there taking up space that I won't use. 
They are as simple to remove as they are to install if they don't fit your use case.
(2017-11-15, 16:07)ActionA Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-11-15, 09:01)tinpanalley Wrote: [ -> ] just hate having other skins on there taking up space that I won't use. 
They are as simple to remove as they are to install if they don't fit your use case. 
Well, I don't agree, you install them by clicking on "More Skins" in the menu. There is no such menu that says "uninstall" or "delete".
They're just add-ons. You can remove them in the add-on manager the same as any other addon (except the one you're currently using of course).
Quote:There is no such menu that says "uninstall" or "delete".
Really?  Is there not?  

(2017-11-15, 06:15)tinpanalley Wrote: [ -> ]While viewing a video on the default theme, when I pause, I'd like the screen to not show anything on the display. Just the paused frame. Is that possible?

With default Estuary skin this can be done by editing DialogSeekBar.xml file (addons\skin.estuary\xml\DialogSeekBar.xml). Remove "Player.DisplayAfterSeek | [Player.Paused + !Player.Caching]" from <visible>. That's it.
(2017-11-15, 20:43)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]They're just add-ons. You can remove them in the add-on manager the same as any other addon (except the one you're currently using of course).
I had absolutely no idea. I looked inside every single menu that I felt was relevant but it never occurred to me that it was an add-on. To me add-ons are RSS readers, subtitle applets, etc. My XBMC Boxee 7 years ago didn't have the option to download skins without installing them yourself (I don't think) and since I don't use add-ons, I've never explored that menu.
One thing, though. From "Eminence", you can not delete or uninstall "Estuary".

Thank you.
(2017-11-15, 21:05)smp1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-11-15, 06:15)tinpanalley Wrote: [ -> ]While viewing a video on the default theme, when I pause, I'd like the screen to not show anything on the display. Just the paused frame. Is that possible?
With default Estuary skin this can be done by editing DialogSeekBar.xml file (addons\skin.estuary\xml\DialogSeekBar.xml). Remove "Player.DisplayAfterSeek | [Player.Paused + !Player.Caching]" from <visible>. That's it. 
Oh, ok, cool, I'll check that out, thanks!
(2017-11-15, 21:53)tinpanalley Wrote: [ -> ]I had absolutely no idea. I looked inside every single menu that I felt was relevant but it never occurred to me that it was an add-on. To me add-ons are RSS readers, subtitle applets, etc. My XBMC Boxee 7 years ago didn't have the option to download skins without installing them yourself (I don't think) and since I don't use add-ons, I've never explored that menu.
One thing, though. From "Eminence", you can not delete or uninstall "Estuary".

Thank you.

You're welcome Smile

Estuary is the default skin, so it's the "if all else fails" fallback which is why it's a special case.
(2017-11-15, 21:05)smp1 Wrote: [ -> ]With default Estuary skin this can be done by editing DialogSeekBar.xml file (addons\skin.estuary\xml\DialogSeekBar.xml). Remove "Player.DisplayAfterSeek | [Player.Paused + !Player.Caching]" from <visible>. That's it. 
Ok, I have found the xml, but I'm unable to overwrite it, or save edits to it. Any ideas?
Are you using LibreELEC? If you do then copy the skin.estuary folder to your computer, make the changes to DialogSeekBar.xml, rename the skin.estuary folder to e.g. "skin.estuaryNEW", edit the addon.xml file (replace <addon id="skin.estuary" with <addon id="skin.estuaryNEW" and  name="Estuary" with name="Estuary NEW"). Then compress the skin.estuaryNEW folder to a .zip file and install that .zip file via Kodi GUI ("Install from zip file"...).
(2017-11-16, 02:06)smp1 Wrote: [ -> ]Are you using LibreELEC? If you do then copy the skin.estuary folder to your computer, make the changes to DialogSeekBar.xml, rename the skin.estuary folder to e.g. "skin.estuaryNEW", edit the addon.xml file (replace <addon id="skin.estuary" with <addon id="skin.estuaryNEW" and  name="Estuary" with name="Estuary NEW"). Then compress the skin.estuaryNEW folder to a .zip file and install that .zip file via Kodi GUI ("Install from zip file"...).
Wow... really? There's no more direct way? Bringing the rpi microSD card to my PC for example?
(2017-11-16, 02:06)smp1 Wrote: [ -> ]Then compress the skin.estuaryNEW folder to a .zip file and install that .zip file via Kodi GUI ("Install from zip file"...).
No need to zip and install it. Once you have made the name changes in the addon.xml file, a restart of Kodi should be enough to discover the new skin (unless something changed in Krypton).
Pages: 1 2