Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: crash on media playback with VDPAU active
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello !

I use kodi (linux) from long time ago on an Acer Revo R3600 (with a nvidia ion VDPAU capable GPU inside), and I never had any trouble with the video playback until the test of the v18 alpha...

If I disable the VDPAU acceleration, the playback work (but with many drop - due to processor's poor performance).

I know this is an alpha version, but is there a way to enable the VDPAU acceleration on v18 ? (tested with v17.6 ok)

Many thanks for your help :)
JD

Here is my log file:
https://pastebin.com/RScudDUB
Quote:23:34:04.256 T:140491314919488 NOTICE: ADDON: repository.superrepo.org.gotham.all v0.5.205 installed
The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.

Also, do not plaster kodi log files onto the forum, but use sites like pastebin to not burden our forum.
Hello Klojum and very sorry for that .... oopss.... Angel (Yes... I haven't read the rules before...)

I would repost a clean log tonight.

Best regards.
I have problems since the big videoplayer update in mid of july.
I have the following situation (vdpau and vdpau mixer actived, vdpau mpeg deactivated):

- watching a tv program via tvheadend always works, with or without vdpau;
- watching a dvd with vdpau actived results in a black screen. Deactivating vdpau playback works. Full log with ffmpeg and video elements
- watching a blue ray via makemkv crashes kodi (former i can play blue ray disks without issues). Gdb output
- watching an avi file crashes kodi (former i can play every file without issues). Gdb output
- watching mpeg files works without issues (due to the deactivated option vdpau mpeg)

Definitely, at this stage, kodi is almost unusable.

This my first time with gdb, if devs need further/updated analysis, please explain me how to do it Smile
Here is the new crashlog (I hope without any banned repo / addon installed) Wink

https://pastebin.com/5ENeWcyH

Many thanks for your help
JD