Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Connecting to My Cloud Mirror
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, I've got a Nvidia Shield TV 2 16gb and I'm running SPMC connected to a WD MyCloud Mirror NAS via SMB all hardwired. Now the problem i've got is if i set a username and a password on my NAS, when watching a movie or tv show the video will stop playing after about 10-15 minutes and i then get a connection error message or connection timed out message on SPMC i then have to restart the nvidia shield and then i'll either get 10-15 mins playback before it happens again or i cannot re-connect back to my NAS? The only solution I've found is to set the NAS to username to "admin" and remove the password and everything runs fine. Now i want to run the Shield as a Plex server so my 2 Tv's upstairs which have the PLEX app can access the movies and tv's from my NAS. Now when i tried to connect my Shield to my NAS and i use the default username "admin" and leave the password as blank my Shield will not connect to my NAS!!?? But if i assign a password and username to my NAS i'm going to go back to the 10-15 min playback and stop issue. Anybody had this issue and resolved it or is there another way to connect the NAS to SPMC via username and password. Also i've tried NFS and i get same result in SPMC.