Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: FFMPEG archive name not updated for the 17.6 release
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Correct me if I am mistaken but I think that tools/depends/target/ffmpeg/FFMPEG-VERSION needs to be updated to match up with the 17.6 release, no?
Currently:
Code:
LIBNAME=ffmpeg
BASE_URL=https://github.com/xbmc/FFmpeg/archive
VERSION=3.1.11-Krypton-17.5
ARCHIVE=$(LIBNAME)-$(VERSION).tar.gz
GNUTLS_VER=3.4.14
No it doesn't, nothing changed in FFmpeg, just changing the name but keeping the sources the same is useless.
It only has the Kodi version in its name to easily identify the first version which used it.
Thanks for the quick reply.  I always assumed that the variable was kept in sync with the release... if what you said is true, why does it contain the a numerical suffix at all?  Why not simply: VERSION=3.1.11-Krypton

EDIT:  I am curious why the file currently IDs Krypton-17.5 as the release variable since the initial release of Krypton (17.0) also used ffmpeg v3.1.11.
Kodi 17.0 used FFmpeg 3.1.6, 17.4 was updated to 3.1.9 and 17.5 to 3.1.11.

I can't answer you the question why the minor version was also added, just seems to be the preference of the developer doing those updates.
Jep - was my preference :-) Idea was to see in which release we added it. I can use 17-${FFMPEG-VERSION} or something.
(2017-11-16, 12:23)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]Jep - was my preference :-) Idea was to see in which release we added it. I can use 17-${FFMPEG-VERSION} or something.

that's what we have git for Tongue
(2017-11-16, 12:23)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]Jep - was my preference :-) Idea was to see in which release we added it. I can use 17-${FFMPEG-VERSION} or something.

Makes sense.  Thanks all, for the replies.