Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Implemented feature request for Music library extended artwork support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
(2018-01-22, 01:10)Guilouz Wrote: [ -> ]Something is wrong, with test build all was working good but since was merged : 

$INFO[Player.Art(artist.clearlogo)] doesn't work
$INFO[Player.Art(artist.banner)] doesn't work
$INFO[Player.Art(artist.clearart)] doesn't work

For ListItem in library and on dialog music info : $INFO[ListItem.Art(artist.banner)] not working on albums and songs windows, working with $INFO[Container.Art(artist.banner)], same for clearlogos, fanarts, extrafanarts etc...
 The player is changing almost daily, and Player.Art is not something I actively designed or tested.
Music dialogs I am currently working on significantly, so don't worry about that.
But I see ListItem.Art(artist.*) working fine, so you will need to give me more on that.

I am off now for the night, but I will check tomorrow.
(2018-01-22, 01:22)DaveBlake Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-01-22, 01:10)Guilouz Wrote: [ -> ]Something is wrong, with test build all was working good but since was merged : 

$INFO[Player.Art(artist.clearlogo)] doesn't work
$INFO[Player.Art(artist.banner)] doesn't work
$INFO[Player.Art(artist.clearart)] doesn't work

For ListItem in library and on dialog music info : $INFO[ListItem.Art(artist.banner)] not working on albums and songs windows, working with $INFO[Container.Art(artist.banner)], same for clearlogos, fanarts, extrafanarts etc...
 The player is changing almost daily, and Player.Art is not something I actively designed or tested.
Music dialogs I am currently working on significantly, so don't worry about that.
But I see ListItem.Art(artist.*) working fine, so you will need to give me more on that.

I am off now for the night, but I will check tomorrow.   
To be clear for artists items all is good with ListItem.Art(*) (arts, extrafanarts, etc) but when items are albums or songs ListItem.Art(artist.*) it's not working, only work when I use Container.Art(artist.*)

For Extrafanarts I use Artwork Helper addons (that use ListItem.Art(artist.fanart1), ListItem.Art(artist.fanart2), ListItem.Art(artist.fanart3) etc...) like this : 
Code:
<value condition="System.HasAddon(script.artwork.helper) + String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBTYPE,artist)">plugin://script.artwork.helper/multiimage/listitem/?refresh=$INFO[ListItem.DBID]&amp;&amp;arttype=fanart</value>
<value condition="System.HasAddon(script.artwork.helper) + [String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBTYPE,album) | String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBTYPE,song)]">plugin://script.artwork.helper/multiimage/listitem/?refresh=$INFO[ListItem.DBID]&amp;&amp;arttype=artist.fanart</value>
First value working for artists (library, playlists etc...) but second value for albums and songs not working.

For music visualisation only Player.Art(album.*) is working, all orthers Player.Art(artist.*) arts not working.

All was working with your test build but not since was merged. I think there is a problem with all ListItem.Art(artist.*) and Player.Art(artist.*) artworks.
@Guilouz what build are you using?
ListItem.Art(artist.*) is working fine on albums and songs listings for me.

But I don't know anything about Artwork Helper addon, so I can only assume that could be the issue. I test by adding art data to the db manually or via JSON API. Yet you say this worked with Artwork Helper before, so I am mystified.

I need to hack some skin to add more art to the OSD to see what is happening with Player.Art
Using the  20180121 nightly Player.Art(artist.*) is also working fine during playback for me.
(2018-01-22, 10:34)DaveBlake Wrote: [ -> ]@Guilouz what build are you using?
ListItem.Art(artist.*) is working fine on albums and songs listings for me.

But I don't know anything about Artwork Helper addon, so I can only assume that could be the issue. I test by adding art data to the db manually or via JSON API. Yet you say this worked with Artwork Helper before, so I am mystified.

I need to hack some skin to add more art to the OSD to see what is happening with Player.Art
Using the  20180121 nightly Player.Art(artist.*) is also working fine during playback for me.
Just try 20180121 nightly and all is working fine now. This PR was not merged in 20180120 nightly ?
It should have been in 20180120-67c3ce04 from the SHA and commit list, and I don't see other commits would have made a difference to it functioning. But anyway glad all is well in 20180121 nightly. Smile
I try today nightly for win32 KodiSetup-20180121-6b3552ed-master-x86.exe
Code:
 ERROR: SQL: [MyMusic70.db] Abort due to constraint violation
                                            Query: UPDATE artist SET  strArtist = 'Chris Brown',  strType = '', strGender = '', strDisambiguation = '',  strBorn = '.................
and only working:
Album:
 $INFO[Listitem.Art(artist.thumb)]
 $INFO[Listitem.Art(artist.fanart)]
Song:
 $INFO[Listitem.Art(artist.thumb)]
 $INFO[Listitem.Art(artist.fanart)]
 $INFO[Listitem.Art(albumartist.thumb)]
 $INFO[Listitem.Art(albumartist.fanart)]

Not working:
 $INFO[Listitem.Art(artist.*)]   *(clearlogo,banner,clearart,...)

I remove mine MyMusic70.db and scan library with universal scraper.....same, not working for me.

Maybe is isue with OS win32 ?!?
@Angelinas I would like to see a full debug log please for the SQL error.

As for $INFO[Listitem.Art(artist.clearlogo)] etc. not working (on songs?), how did you add the artist clearlogo etc. artwork?

Win32 build should be same as win64 (but why still using win32?).
I send you pm
This image is "test" for Extended Music Art
1. <texture fallback="DefaultVideoPoster.png" background="true">$INFO[Listitem.Art(artist.thumb)]</texture>  OK
2. <texture fallback="DefaultVideoPoster.png" background="true">$INFO[Listitem.Art(artist.fanart)]</texture>  OK
3. <texture fallback="DefaultVideoPoster.png" background="true">$INFO[Listitem.Art(artist.clearlogo)]</texture>  not working
4. <texture fallback="DefaultVideoPoster.png" background="true">$INFO[Listitem.Art(artist.disc)]</texture> notworking

in red box is "Label" Listitem.Art(artist.thumb), as you see path is from mine folder.
In that folder for Artist have structure:
-Deep Purple
 --folder.jpg
 --logo.png
 --fanart.jpg
 --banner.jpg
 --1987 - Deep Purple - The House Of Blue Light (Folder for Album)
   --folder.jpg
   --disc.png
   --backthumb.jpg
   --Deep Purple - The House Of Blue Light - 01 - Bad Attitude.mp3 (file song)
   --etc.......

All Art working with Script.SkinHelper, but just Kodi Art.........showing no Art, just fallback.
Similar issue for me, impossible to use $INFO[Listitem.Art(album.discart)] on song view, it return nothing. I have also try with $INFO[Listitem.Art(albumartist.discart)].

$INFO[ListItem.Art(discart)] working on album view.
Both, how are you adding the art?

I fear there is some basic misunderstanding here. Kodi itself does not pick up art from local files called disc.png or clearlogo.png  etc., it does not matter where they are in your folder structure. You have to use a script or JSON to tell Kodi to add images as an extra type of art for an artist, album or song.

I don't know how Skin Helper works but I suspect it does not add the art to the library either, just the current UI item, hence it is not using the new functionality I added. It probably needs modifying to make use of the new stuff.

Look in the art table of the Music DB, if there aren't entries for "discart" against the album in that table then it is not going to show.

@Angelinas I will look at your debug tomorrow, and that could be contributing, so I am not saying there isn't an issue. But I do think there is some underlying confusion about setting art.
(2018-01-23, 00:58)DaveBlake Wrote: [ -> ]Both, how are you adding the art?

I fear there is some basic misunderstanding here. Kodi itself does not pick up art from local files called disc.png or clearlogo.png  etc., it does not matter where they are in your folder structure. You have to use a script or JSON to tell Kodi to add images as an extra type of art for an artist, album or song.

I don't know how Skin Helper works but I suspect it does not add the art to the library either, just the current UI item, hence it is not using the new functionality I added. It probably needs modifying to make use of the new stuff.

Look in the art table of the Music DB, if there aren't entries for "discart" against the album in that table then it is not going to show.

@Angelinas I will look at your debug tomorrow, and that could be contributing, so I am not saying there isn't an issue. But I do think there is some underlying confusion about setting art.
I just use Artwork Beef addon. I don't use local files, all is in my database.

Looks good, Dave.

@Guilouz ListItem and Player "album.discart", "artist.fanart1", and "albumartist.clearlogo" (and all the other combinations) work for me on nightly "20180121-6b3552ed". Your data looks good. Maybe try a simple change to default Estuary master to test.
Thanks for the reassureance Ryan, I was begining to think I had gone mad!

@Guilouz and @Angelinas I really don't understand why it is not working for you. I have even tested the Win32 build for 20180121-6b3552ed  and it works fine for me with extra art.

@Guilouz I can see the art data in your DB, so that is fine. Maybe try back to basics with skin as Ryan suggests, or can I see/try the skin myself?
Still art related...

Anyone else see the flaws with this dialog?

It comes up when you click the "Get Art" button on the video info dialog.

Here is my critique:
Title: "Chose Art" is wrong you are not choosing anything, and what is in the list is types of art
"Cancel" Button: does not cancel anything, it just closes that dialog.
"Add Art" Button: does not add art, it adds a new type of art

Click on a type of art brings up another dialog, also titled "Choose art", but this one does let you browse and select an image to full the previously clicked type of art. Cancel button on that second dialog also cancels. That is all fine.

But to look at "Choose Art #1", it is how it is because it is based on the standard CGUIDialogSelect dialog but that does a totaly different role everywhere else it is used. This use is an abuse.

I am looking to provide this functionality from the music info dialogs "Get Art" button, but I can't help but think that the dialog needs replacing in both video and music with something with a different title e.g. "Manage Art", and buttons: "Add (Art Type?)", "Edit" and "Ok".

Thoughts anyone?
My personal opinion is not to complicated it too much, I must say that get art seems fine to me.

Cancel could be renamed to close, but is that consistent with the rest of the interface?

Saying that, If a 3rd button is required functionality wise, then its probably worth the changes.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11