Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Problem with subtitles when watching HDR movies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I have weird problem...

When I watch 4K HDR HEVC movies with subtitles on KODI 17 and 18 on my Philips POS 9002 android TV there is a problem... subtitles blinking (flickering) all the time. The problem appears on every kind of susbtitles...SRT, TXT, PGS (converted with movie) and others.

Problem appears only in HDR movies. 

Any idea what to do?

Best regards
Hi

Nobody have this problem?

Best regards
Maybe someone with Philips POS 9002 could test this?
Maybe someone from Kodi dev?

Best regards
I have not heard of anything like this. The last similar report I heard was that the subtitle text was too bright. Nothing about blinking so, yes, no-one else seems to be having this problem.

You will need to provide a Debug_Log (wiki). The instructions are in my signature. Use the Basic method. Once you have enabled debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging, restart Kodi then replicate the problem. In your case, try to play the movie with subtitles. Once done upload to pastebin and link back here. Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
(2017-12-12, 00:02)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]I have not heard of anything like this. The last similar report I heard was that the subtitle text was too bright. Nothing about blinking so, yes, no-one else seems to be having this problem.

You will need to provide a Debug_Log (wiki). The instructions are in my signature. Use the Basic method. Once you have enabled debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging, restart Kodi then replicate the problem. In your case, try to play the movie with subtitles. Once done upload to pastebin and link back here. Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Hi

Thx for reply

I paste my debug log: http://paste.ubuntu.com/26169799/

PS: Subtitle tex is too bright but this is normal (I think). Netflix has the same problem. You need to change font colour to grey and it is ok.

But in Kodi 17, 18 and SPMC there is a problem with blinking/flickering subtitles.
Maybe You can see what causing this problem?
Besides this Kodi is awesome and I'm using it since 5 years. But two months ago i bought new TV with HDR and I'm trying to solve flickering subtitles issie with no successSad

On Mx player subtitles are ok.

Many thenx
Best regards
The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
(2017-12-12, 15:19)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
Hello

I reinstalled Kodi...

I'm  sending new clear log: http://paste.ubuntu.com/26170338/

Best regards
Hi

Is there something disturbing in my logs whitch explains flickering/blinking subtitles?

Best regards
Hi

I see there is no hope for me and my flickering/blinking subtitles in HDR mode Sad

This happens in all Kodi and SPMC builds only. 

I consider that Kodi is the best media player but... I am forced to use MX Player which is much slower than KodiSad

Best regards
Hi 

Kodi Dev Team...
Please look at my debug log and try to help me.
I love Kodi but I don't know what to doSad
Flickering subtitles occur in KODI 16, 17, 18, SPMC, FTMC. 
For my Philips TV only version 18 Leila and 16.1 it's smooth in 4K HDR with AC3 Audio (all other versions are not smooth in video playback). But theres is problem with subtitles.
I have big request...to look in my logs.
Best regards