Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi Not Adding Television Series to Library
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've used Kodi on a Raspberry Pi for probably about three years now, and this is the first time I've run into problems getting a television series to appear in the library.

Kodi is set to try to pull data from TheTVDB for anything in the Television folder, and all the files in that folder follow the same naming convention that's worked on everything else in my library.  I've also tried variations (dropping the series name, droppping the eposide name, using just sXXeXX), but nothing has worked.

Reviewing the log file didn't seem to have anything overly helpful, below is an excerpt and the full file can be found at this link
Quote:=11pt10:14:40.578 T:1860174752 WARNING: No information found for item 'smb://McServer/video/Television/The Goldbergs (2013)/', it won't be added to the library.=11pt10:14:40.602 T:1860174752  NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Finished scan. Scanning for video info took 00:03=11pt10:15:17.981 T:1947295760  NOTICE: VideoPlayer: Opening: smb://McServer/video/Television/The Goldbergs (2013)/The Goldbergs S02E02 Mama Drama.m4v
 Any advice or direction would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance!

Please let us know what versions of the tvdb scraper are you using and also a debug log (wiki)
(2017-11-17, 02:24)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]Please let us know what versions of the tvdb scraper are you using and also a debug log (wiki)
 The debug log can be seen here.

I'm not sure how to answer the question about versions of the tvdb scraper - when I set up file directory in Kodi I selected the option to use tvdb for that path, I don't see any version options out there.

On a side note - thank you for the link on how to get the proper debugging file and how to submit it!  It was very helpful (and I'm sure saved you from having to repeat yourself for the 10,000th time)
Have a read through the first post which will explain the problem... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=323588
You've got the files named The Goldbergs, but your folder is The Goldbergs (2013). Try eliminating the year.
(2017-11-17, 03:39)doug Wrote: [ -> ]You've got the files named The Goldbergs, but your folder is The Goldbergs (2013). Try eliminating the year.
 No luck there.  I tried removing the 2013 from the folder name, and I tried where both the folder name and files had the 2013 as well.  I also tried the folder with and without the 2013 an using file names that were just "s01e01.m4v" and it still wasn't recognized.
That is not the issue. Please read the link I gave you.
(2013) is essential as The Goldbergs is a 1949 show.
(2017-11-17, 04:08)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]That is not the issue. Please read the link I gave you.
 I saw the other post about the year before I saw your link - I think you were dead on.
(2017-11-17, 03:38)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]Have a read through the first post which will explain the problem... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=323588
 Took a few minutes to read through this, and I'd be willing to bet that is exactly the problem.  I have a couple Kodi machines in the house so I took the steps mentioned and reset the content source and now none of the TV shows populate (which is to be expected since there was the comment that OpenElec doesn't yet support the updates).  Now I know where the issue lies, and unfortunately looks like I just need to hold tight until the new scraper is supported.  Thanks for the insight!
(2017-11-17, 04:46)McTopher Wrote: [ -> ]... unfortunately looks like I just need to hold tight until the new scraper is supported.  
 On second thought, I don't need to stick with OpenElec.  Going to try something else on the Raspberry Pi, perhaps LibreElec since that earlier thread specifically mentioned it should work fine there.  Thanks again to everyone for pointing me the right direction!
No problems.

If you intend to hold onto OpenElec, then check with the OpenElec forums. There is nothing that Kodi can do about it so the fix won't be coming from here.

Seems like many OpenElec users are switching to LibreElec